Looking at the pile of “someday” parts the other day, I realized I had pretty much all the parts for an amp build. Sorting through, I found a smallish PT I pulled from a 1941 vintage RCA radio... it was running a pair 6V6 and a couple other octal tubes along with the rectifier tube and a magic eye tube! I try to get voltages off PT’s before I salvage them, this one was at 358-0-358 on the HT but I was able to figure out it is actually a 325-0-325 made for 110VAC so I’ll be making a bucking transformer. The OT is NOS I got from the retired electronics repair man across the street. It is 8 watt and multi-tapped output. I got the cap can from him too. Most of the other parts were scrapped from organ donors or surplus parts from other projects. The chassis, I whittled from a chunk of 2” x 4”, 1/8” wall rectangle aluminum tubing. I’ve been wanting to try to do a chassis this way on my CNC. It’s going into a cabinet I made a few years ago for an organ donor conversion that I’ve been looking for an excuse to re-build into something different. Here’s the cab...it sports a single 10” speaker. And here’s the finished chassis loaded with the big/heavy parts. The circuit is a AA764 Champ power section with a Matchless Spitfire preamp, hence the moniker, “Champlifire”.