1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Juketone Royal Blood 10 Users

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Gogogoch, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Gogogoch

Gogogoch Tele-Meister

Anyone been using the Juketone Royal Blood 10?

I'm really tempted to get one, but I'd like to know how you feel about it after having owned one for a while. I'd dearly love a Fender Princeton, but the price makes it unlikely.

I currently play in a 60s band here in the UK, but looking to play jazz, rock n roll and 50s RnB too.

Cheers.

2. Mimmo_CVC

Mimmo_CVC TDPRI Member

You can consider these, too: https://www.birdsongamps.com/product-category/guitar-amplifiers/ I am almost sure that they both come from the same China factory (but I don't like chrome corners of the Juketone...)
    Another option could be this one: https://www.musicstore.de/en_OE/EUR/Fame-JTA-05-Sweet-Baby-Combo-/art-GIT0032351-000 that is a rebranded Joyo Sweet Baby JTA 05. You really won't need the tone control; I got one and I was very happy with it out of the box. So I started to work on it (built a new cabinet, new 10'' speaker, some tube, caps, and resistor swap) and now I am completely satisfied.
    Anyway, with all of them, it's not easy to play in a band with a drummer... 5 watts are 5 watts! You'll need a mic.

Gogogoch likes this.
  3. Richie-string

Richie-string Tele-Meister

UK in the North - Yorkshire, but now in the South.
    I remember the Juketone's being reviewed in a couple of British guitar mags a few years ago and they got really good reviews.

Gogogoch likes this.
  4. Gogogoch

Gogogoch Tele-Meister

Thanks. That's great. I'm not that comfortable swapping out parts, so whichever amp I went for probably would leave it stock. Got a bigger amp for gigs, so I'm really looking for a nice home/recording/jamming amp with a vintage tone .

Have you played the Birdsong amp?
    I'm wondering about how noisy the amp is. I have a Mesa f-50 and I hate the loud hiss of it, but it seems to be a particularly prominent feature of that amp, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

5. Mimmo_CVC

Mimmo_CVC TDPRI Member

No, I don't know the Birdsong (but I can bet it's just the Royal Blood), I own the Fame/Joyo JTA 05. It is really silent and sounds very good, a gritty vintage sweet tone that pushes you to play for hours. Without any mod, it's ok but a very simple improvement could be a speaker swap. About this subject, there are a lot of discussions on this board. I went for a WGS G8C, but Jensen alnico P8R and Weber signature 8" are valid options. Anyway, you can go with the original, that is a Celestion super 8.

6. Jonp

Jonp TDPRI Member

Take into consideration that the Fame/Joyo is PCB and not handsoldered, and thus much more difficult to repair/mod than the other two brands.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.