Johnny Cash tribute...

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but Johnny Cash is making a comeback! (Again)

:)

The State of Arkansas is also going to place a statue of Johnny Cash (along with a statue of Daisy Bates) on the grounds of the US Capitol later this year.

Lowspeid

Tele-Meister
Don't forget Living Sacrifice and Evanescence...
LS is one of my ALL TIME favorite bands. I was able to see them back in Portland several years ago after Rocky came back from Evenesance (of whom I'm not a fan). It was a great show, and my brother an I got to hang out with the band for a bit after the show. Really cool guys, and great musicians.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
In a town like that you'd figure a resident or two would climb up there and put a cork in it: or some temporary fix for 20 bucks or so instead of letting it empty to the hole level.

WRHB

Tele-Holic
In a town like that you'd figure a resident or two would climb up there and put a cork in it: or some temporary fix for 20 bucks or so instead of letting it empty to the hole level.
I was thinking the same thing. My concern would be safety. It’s got to be slippery climbing up there. Especially with any materials or equipment. Plus I wonder how much water pressure there is pushing outward?

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
I was thinking the same thing. My concern would be safety. It’s got to be slippery climbing up there. Especially with any materials or equipment. Plus I wonder how much water pressure there is pushing outward?
The pressure thing also crossed my mind especially at the time the hole was put there. That's a bunch of water all trying to escape through 1 small orifice.
EDIT: I never lived in a town that depended on a tank like that for water. Do they catch rain or if need be, buy water and have it pumped into the tank?

WRHB

Tele-Holic
The pressure thing also crossed my mind especially at the time the hole was put there. That's a bunch of water all trying to escape through 1 small orifice.
EDIT: I never lived in a town that depended on a tank like that for water. Do they catch rain or if need be, buy water and have it pumped into the tank?
I grew up in a small town that had two water towers. We never used them that I know of. I just figured they were there so after getting a snoot full you could look up and remember what town you’re in.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

The water is pumped into the tank from the water treatment plant. From there it is gravity-fed to the water's final consumers.

It is not open to rainwater.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
they use it to create water pressure.