John Leventhal with Sarah Jarosz, James McMurtry's "Childish Things"

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Terrific. John Leventhal is a wonder. I've enjoyed every project of his that I've heard. He really seems to have the magic touch in bringing out the best in the folks he works with. Sarah Jarosz is a gem, wonderful singer, musician and song writer. She makes me hopeful for the future of American music.

(Oh yeah, his playing on this video is just perfect-love the way he makes that Tele sound. Here's a link to a Vintage Guitar article on him. https://www.vintageguitar.com/32017/john-leventhal/)

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire
Love it. Fan of Sarah, and have enjoyed John’s playing on his wife’s records, so this is right up my alley. Good stuff!

Cheers,
Geoff

drewg

Tele-Holic
Leventhal and Jarosz make a great team. I'll watch this 100 more times and never tire of it.

I think McMurtry is the finest lyricist of his generation. Every song is feet-on-the-ground poetry.
I’d only heard him sing this song 2 or 3 times and don’t know it that well, but I agree with scrapyardblue that this version adds to my appreciation.
Thanks for putting these two on my radar, lewis. I like her singing and love that sound from his tele!