Jim Croce--Time In A Bottle

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Holic
The Seventies was filled with plenty of singer-songwriters (Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Jim Croce and Dan Fogelberg among them), so I figured who else to talk about than Jim Croce?

This song was the second of 2 #1 hits he had (the first of which was Bad, Bad Leroy Brown). As I am typing this, I am listening to his greatest hits album Photographs and Memories, which I own on both vinyl and CD. I also own You Don't Mess Around With Jim.

The song "Time In A Bottle" was actually written after Croce learned that his wife Ingrid was pregnant with their son, AJ.

Listening to it now 50 years later, it is a shame that Jim Croce died before his time. It would have been interesting to see him have a rivalry with contemporaries like Jackson Browne, James Taylor, those other artists.

You know, everybody says the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame is a joke. Maybe if the R&R Hall Of Fame cared, Jim Croce would already be there by now.

I also hope you'll get some Kleenex after viewing this thread. I know I will.

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
The Seventies was filled with plenty of singer-songwriters (Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Jim Croce and Dan Fogelberg among them), so I figured who else to talk about than Jim Croce?

This song was the second of 2 #1 hits he had (the first of which was Bad, Bad Leroy Brown). As I am typing this, I am listening to his greatest hits album Photographs and Memories, which I own on both vinyl and CD. I also own You Don't Mess Around With Jim.

The song "Time In A Bottle" was actually written after Croce learned that his wife Ingrid was pregnant with their son, AJ.

Listening to it now 50 years later, it is a shame that Jim Croce died before his time. It would have been interesting to see him have a rivalry with contemporaries like Jackson Browne, James Taylor, those other artists.

You know, everybody says the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame is a joke. Maybe if the R&R Hall Of Fame cared, Jim Croce would already be there by now.

I also hope you'll get some Kleenex after viewing this thread. I know I will.

I will always remember the first time I heard this, during the TV movie "She Lives" when I was 6 in 1973.