Jim Adkins Tele

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Who .....? I guess I'm old and live under a rock. But our teens have and those teens going into college have heard of his group Jimmy Eat World. The name catapults itself up to the top of the Weird Name Category, along with the group Moby Grape ( Do like Jerry Miller ). Story: Watched Darrell Braun on YouTube going over an Ultimate P90 Tele build and he had bought a Jim Adkins set neck Tele made in Indonesia. I asked my self who. Well a listen is worth a million words.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
You couldn’t turn on vh1 or mtv when I was a kid without that song being on

I haven’t tried the guitar but it’s interesting if you want a p90 les Paul in tele form

Synchro

Tele-Holic
I’m generally not all,that hot on newer material, but I really liked that. It’s a good song, well performed and that axe sounds good to me.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I had the 2 humbucker, set neck Tele model - for about 3 months. It sure handled nice, but the LP sound you'd expect wasn't there - and neither was the Tele sound. Not for me. Perhaps this Jim Adkins (is he the diet guy?) model with P90s is different. But I have my P90 need met with my Hamer Special (also Indonesian) which I bought new for under $500. They were a "limited edition," and now you can't find used ones and when you do they're north of $700. And worth it IMHO.
1653309180810.png

Still thousands cheaper than the Gibson model, and sounds and plays great out of the box. All I did to mine was swap out the pots and switch and jack and tuners for Sperzel lockers. Now it's perfect and wails.