JHS Super Bolt

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by asatbender, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pants

Dr. Pants Banned

Apparently Joshua Scott's middle name begins with an H.
    Hence JHS

2. Snufkinoob

Snufkinoob Tele-Meister

Jesus H Schrist

3. tekbow

tekbow Tele-Afflicted

Anyone playing the piety card in their business dealings like the guy in that interview puts me right off..

It's why i wont touch Sozo guitars, shame, they seem like really well built, with appealing lines that i don't see very often in something trying to be different.

People who shout that loudly about that kind of thing when it bears no real relevance to the thing they're doing, earn my suspicion. Grew up in Belfast, don't buy it for a second.

4. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Ken of the "company" that shall not be named did that. He hid behind the religion facade when he got caught ripping people off.

5. Snufkinoob

Snufkinoob Tele-Meister

Red dot bar-non Ken? He posted on harmony central a lot recently and never mentioned he was religious.

6. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

Back when he was first busted, he posted a bunch of whiny bs about how he was just an honest church-going 'Murican being ripped off by those inscrutable, untrustworthy Chinese (I'm paraphrasing).

7. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

The image at the head of that article reminds me of how much really detest JHS's graphics (e.g. single letters instead of words to describe the function of each knob... cool, dude!).

8. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Holic

Here is a demo of the ROG Supreaux, sounds pretty good to me.

9. Dr. Pants

Dr. Pants Banned

ROG stuff rules.

10. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I don't think it was so much that he was taking her business because anyone that is smart enough to do some research on his pedals would find out that Devi was the originator and sells them for far less.

The guy copied the circuit 100%, even the flaw that was in it. Something about how a couple of Caps were positioned, and then denied it when she called him out on it.

She did loose dealers, she brings it up in one of her Youtube videos. The guy went on a smear campaign to a bunch of retailers and they sided with him for whatever reason.

The guy is pretty big in the christian music scene, I think if they knew about his practices he wouldnt be. Its one thing to make a handful of clones because your customers asked you to do so. Hell, imo its even ok to mass produce them as long as you give credit where credit is due. Just don't steal it and call it your own and try to ruin the person you took it from. For that reason alone I wouldnt take a JHS pedal if it was given to me. Just my 22 cents.

11. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Check out a Class A OD from Lumpy's Tone Shop (formerly known as the Jelly Roll) for a nice sounding Supro based OD. Cheaper, well built and not sold with a pack of lies.

12. Snufkinoob

Snufkinoob Tele-Meister

Christian music saviour with neat pedals including a klone (I think) vs. transgender girl who deals in 'nasty' fuzz pedal probably has something to do with it, sadly.

Or to be less cynical, they'd just have made less money on Devi's pedals than JHS pedals.

Just go on TGP, they seem to be the Christian music scene, and know very well of his practices.

13. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Torn between ethics and boutique love.... a horrible choice for someone to make! :D

14. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Turned my stomach 1/2 way through the advertisement. Pretty sad..

15. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

+1 either he is a bold face liar or he is really drinking his own kool-aid. I am guessing he has been telling the lies for so long now he believes them...

16. steve440

steve440 Tele-Meister

The story about how he's been collecting supro amps for years and has this fascination with their tone and built that sound into a pedal makes me chuckle, since the pedal is a clone of the Run off Groove Supreaux Deux.

17. Dr. Pants

Dr. Pants Banned

Sure, just like the way no one ever asks obvious
    questions around here because using a search engine
    might inconvenience them. ;)

18. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Seriously, if you're going to drop the money for a ROG pedal, at least buy from someone honest:

http://www.vfepedals.com/runoffgroove.html

$50 cheaper plus VFE isn't ran by a shady dirt bag. VFE is probably the most open builder I've ever seen.

19. seventyeight

seventyeight Tele-Meister

Amen, brother! Peter (von) Rutter is the antithesis of all of the shady dealings mentioned above. A real gent that works damn hard making fine products. I'll continuously support and recommend companies like VFE, Magnetic Effects and Fredric Effects for these reasons.

We really should be talking about people like these rather than wasting bits and bytes ripping into shysters like JHS and FBlues.

Just my 2cents.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  20. nigeldaddy

nigeldaddy TDPRI Member

wow, lots of hating on here. that's your right though, maybe the guy IS a douche bag...whatever. me, i used my ears to decide on this pedal and it absolutely loves my Orange Rockerverb 50 II. i don't know what a supro sounds like as i 've never played through one, all i know is this pedal kills in my setup. it hangs w/the xotic ac booster, OCD, Timmy, and a SHO pedals that i have. i purchased it based on hearing a friend's SB through my amp first before i ever read any of the negative stuff here. keep this in mind- douchebaggery is rampant in any business. i'd say it's safe to bet that there was some crooked people behind your car, computer, clothing, or whatever. what are you going to do- return those things? idunno, maybe i'm just apathetic when it comes to my tone. and yes i know this is an older post but had to weigh in.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.