1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

JHS Bender Fuzz quasi-Review

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by b2187101, Feb 5, 2021.

1. b2187101

b2187101 Tele-Meister

I am not much of a reviewer, and am not fluent in Tone Terms, but here goes. I'll keep it short.

Paid quite a bit for this JHS pedal, and honestly... have paid a lot for pedals that I've hated and sold. However, this I am pleasantly surprised. There is a Volume, Tone, and Attack. The Attack is, of course the Fuzz. One important CON... even turned all the way down, the Attack is still attacking. But it took me about 1 second to realize that 1. I have a volume knob on my guitar and 2. if it really is bothersome... that's what the foot switch on the pedal is for.

Maybe I've just gotten better playing guitar, because when I started playing I could never get the Pedal to sound like the videos on youtube. The Tone Bender sounds better, in my opinion, through my single coil pickups. Again, the volume knob on guitar really tames this, and then you can crank it.

The Marshal Studio Vintage amp, even on 7 watts... is freaking loud. However, turning the pedal volume down, then volume of guitar up... I get a pretty decent front room decibel level and Fuzz, something I can't say about other pedals I own.

Tone Bender Dragon Tele.jpeg

Mojohand40 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.