Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are pissed - good

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I remember ole Dave. He was a gritty player. Those were some tough times to be a Saints. These fans from 2009 on have no idea the suffering we went through.

boris bubbanov and getbent like this.
  2. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Just saying all teams do this. That was proven. We just were the ones to be made an example of. You can’t tell me them old Raider teams didn’t run bounties. Hell they paralyzed people.

3. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

Not saying it wasn't done, hope it's not still done. If it is, in fact, business as usual, they're all in the wrong business...

4. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Might still be. Who knows. I wonder how much the refs are betting on these games. The NBA got busted for it. Makes you wonder.

raysachs likes this.
  5. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

There's a saying where I come from: "F&#$ DALLAS"

Ol' man Brady is a close second. Get off the field senior! Nothing else to prove!

6. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post

Here is a reminder to everybody:

SWEARING:
    Don't try to get by the word censor by using #@%$!^ instead of swear words. Excessive swearing (censored or not) will not be allowed.

We tend to let a a lot of this slide by, but everybody, please try to maintain the TDPRI as a family friendly site.

Thanks

Stubee likes this.
  7. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Maybe it's because I was born a Raiders fan(atic), and I've had 30 or so rough years to think about this, but it seems some of us think we are entitled to a Super Bowl winner, and that somehow "our" team owes us that at least every so many years.

The owners, coaches, officials, and players in the NFL owe us nothing. Nothing. If you've bought a ticket they owe you a seat for the game, that's it.

I used to think football was a great game. Now I know it is no game, it's big business, and it has nothing at all to do with me.

Get off my artificial turf, allayez. And go 'hawks.

8. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Not sure about this. Holding is a penalty no matter what. Why do you think you see holding penalties on punts? The point is that blocking isn't a penalty. And everyone on the team that punts can be blocked through out the play regardless of where the ball is. Same thing on a field goal and extra point I assume. They must have changed that to be true for consistency, ya think?

9. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

10. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

11. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

Sorry about that Skip. Won't happen again.

Buckocaster51 likes this.
  12. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Yes they did. I am not saying it was the right thing to let them get away with it, just that the SF player could have blocked the NO player from the beginning of the play until the whistle - no problem. He did get away with holding him though. Should have been called IMHO.

Strato50 likes this.
  13. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

The real Jerry Jones is a Longhorn fan.

[​IMG]

Shuster and Big_Bend like this.
  14. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

thY9AVNPD4.jpg

15. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jimmy Johnson put Oklahoma State on the map and never stopped.

16. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

We always felt the same way about Bud Adams.

Now the Buffalo Bills did win it all in the American Football League (early 1960s) but they came up short in the Big Game, four times in a row. Their major claim to fame was, then, they were the only NFL team to actually kill off another NFL team. I hated to see it for Houstonians but this was basically what Bud Adams deserved.

Texas is all about Individuals, and Families. Team sports are always going to be at odds with this individualist way of seeing things and the kinds of people who will own and control teams there.

I never pull for the Cowboys, unless they're playing the Vikings or the Fish. But I still hate to see those folks in Dallas humiliated. Losing is no fun, no matter your past.

I don't understand all the angst on the part of various Saints fans here. You will get screwed, as a small market team, more often than big boy teams. You knew this to begin with. If you really remember the John Mecom days, just think of all the fans of NFL teams that are not 10-3 and are not in the hunt in any way and cannot reasonably expect to even finish the season at .500. Just being in the mix, is truly where it is at. If your win hangs in the balance, you are the LUCKY fan and not the pathetic one. If you enjoyed 98% of the game, you got your money's worth and this is better than getting blown out AND frankly it is better than blowing the other teams doors off. This is football excitement. This is the kind of game that makes people in Washington DC and San Diego rage with jealousy. Enjoy the moment, for goodness' sake.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.