Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are pissed - good

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 6, 2019.

1. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

That's pretty funny!

Back in the 80's an umpire ejected the organ player at a game for playing Three Blind Mice after a bad call. It was all over the news. That was pretty funny, too.

Toto'sDad and Stubee like this.
  2. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

But on 11-9-19 it’s a PI. How do the rules change in month? I mean it’s there in the video. When Drew hangs it up I’m done with the NFL and their blatant love for big market teams. Every week we get screwed. Even sports writers see it. Nothing will change little ole NOLA will always be **** on.

3. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Maybe they got it wrong on 11/9/19?

The nfl will miss your participation. As an aside, some of your comments on this thread haven't aged particularly well.

4. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

The only thing that hasn’t aged well is the consistent screwing by the refs we take every week. If you don’t like facts man I’m sorry. It was a good game but we had to play the refs as well. This ain’t the only bad call if you watched the entire game you might have noticed the niners got away with holding almost every play. We sacked their QB four times but it should have been 10. The refs have it out for the saints everyone knows it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

5. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

It's all bad karma left over from Bounty-Gate. I like a number of Saints players, but I can't stand Payton - he should have been banned from the game after presiding over that mess. I'm always happy to see the Saints lose and his head explode. They got horribly ripped off in the NFC title game last year - I loved every second of it.

getbent likes this.
  6. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

And like no other teams run bounties? SMH. This is what is wrong with football.

7. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

The Saints rightfully complained about the pass interference no-call in that Rams playoff game, but they all forgot their DB did same to an Eagles receiver the prior week. I little less blatant, but was still all over our guy before the ball got there. I think it was Apple against Golden Tate. Should have been called.
    Point is - every team gets jobbed by officiating every year and sometimes it is on that last critical drive. I hate the Patriots but can't deny they suffered from some bad calls yesterday that likely determined the outcome. So, every team get ripped off and every team gets phantom calls in their favor.

raysachs likes this.
  8. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Th
    the refs are determining too many games. It’s gone to complete crap.

Bassman8 and ale.istotle like this.
  9. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Great game. Hard fought and worthy of both teams.
    Not a single challenge by either team.
    The play on the punt was by rule and Sean Payton's complaint was not that it was PI but that there was a hold.

By rule, it isn't PI because it is by formation a punt which makes the 'would be' receivers gunners who can be blocked ALL THE WAY down the field.

This play was one that has been used before and it was prepared for (according to interviews on the radio here) because it was known and the 49er players were coached to block the gunners the entire time during the 'punt'.

It is clever and has caught refereeing crews in the past, but, they also had seen it before and were prepared.

The season is not over and these two teams may see each other again. It was masterful on both sides, the injuries both suffered are going to be important, but what a game, one of the best I have watched and the crowd was in it to the finish.

Colo Springs E likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

That's a great idea! They ought to to do that on NFL TV games!

11. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

It's a shame that Dean Blandino doesn't understand the holding rule on passes in punt formation. It doesn't work like other passes. On other plays, you have holding before the pass and pass interference afterwards. On punts though, that PI isn't there, but that doesn't mean you can't hold during the pass. If the pass is thrown out of the punt formation, holding can occur at any time... even when the ball is in the air, which is what happened. Horrible understanding of the rules, and the refs suck.

12. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

Whoops, deleted double post.

13. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

It was a great idea, and it was hilarious, but the guy really did get ejected for it. That part wasn't a joke. The ump got pissed when he realized what the song was, so he pointed his finger up at the organ player and yelled "You're done"! I had no idea that an umpire had the power to eject an organ player. It still cracks me up!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

There is SOOOOOO much wrong with football, and bounties are more or less just emblematic of it. Any team that does that should have everyone involved banned. Playing to deliberately hurt people is either corrupt or within the rules of a game too brutal to be embraced like the NFL is. Hell, I'm an addict, I admit it. I watch football every Sunday, have since I was 4 years old. But I pretty much hate the game, much as an addict hates the addiction. Payton and Williams, at a minimum, should have been out of football after that. As a warning to any other team doing the same.

15. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

Yup, bad calls are part of every sport. Always have been, always will be. Instant replay challenges allows SOME of them to be fixed, but many are still just bad calls that stand. Oh well. When they go against my team, I'm bummed, when they go against a team I can't stand, I'm good with it!

-Ray

16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a dream, a dream where NFL Referees can no longer place bets on the teams they are officiating games for. Well, anybody can have a dream.

17. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

I could not agree more. Belechick figured out a few years ago that the currency in the NFL is the starting QB. Look at how many QB's he has taken in Brady's time that have gone onto start for other teams. Now not all of them have panned out but the Pats got paid to let another team take a QB off of their roster. There are two starting QBs in the NFL right now that will probably make the playoffs that used to be Pats backups.

It is amazing the run that they have, and my guess is Bill will go as long at Tom does, or just one more year after Tom and call if quits. I would not put it past Bill to let Tom retire or walk away and coach one more year with a marginally good QB, win the division and make the playoffs. And everyone then will say, "well he can do it without Tom as well". At that point he lights a cigar and rides off into the sunset.

and I am a Pats hater!

lammie200 likes this.
  18. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Payton was suspended for a year and they took our draft picks. Even Favre said it was bogus. All teams do it Payton told Goodell to shove it so they went after him. The bounty thing was a joke. Even discussing it today is plain silly. Only ones still butthurt are Vikes fans. If AD doesn’t fumble 4 times and Favre gift us that Int they might have won.

19. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

s-l1600.jpg
    Our high school QB was none other than Dave Wilson, who set many college records for passing and was a New Orleans Saints player for several years and a coach for many years there as well and a good kid. We played together from 4th grade on...

He was also legendary because he had an 8 ¼ head and had to have a special helmet.

He could throw a football 100 yards... needless to say our rec flag football team was unstoppable (coached by Long Beach State nosetackle Greg Robarge... who we thought was the toughest dude alive UNTIL he got into a scrape with Jeff Brunet's dad (George, a pitcher for the Angels) who showed old man strength trumps muscles everytime...)

Wet Willie was a heck of a passer and a really good kid... he, henry valdez, the linderman twins, brunet and mark barela had a great neighborhood to play in (rough, but fun) my memory is that we jumped off linderman's house catching passes and landing on a couple of old mattresses.

I just remembered one other funny thing about Dave... after signing a big contract etc... he actually bought his parents house for himself and stayed in THAT neighborhood (we lived in a not particularly nice area) which I thought was cool. A couple of the guys above became locksmiths (which is funny too) and I think maybe Dave invested... I know that 3 of those guys played ball up north, and then after a few years in socal moved to far north CA and have locksmith shops...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  20. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

Well, if Favre said it, it MUST be true! Jeez, I guess I must stand down immediately!

Any sport where it's an open secret that players are given incentives to badly injure opposing players either needs to be cleaned up our outlawed. It's the kind of thing worth holding a grudge about. And I don't care a bit about the Vikings. Not to mention the head injuries, which yeah, NFL players can make decisions about whether to risk. But as long as they're heroes to millions of kids who go out and scramble their OWN brains playing in pee wee leagues, high school, and some through college, it's a HUGE problem. If we disagree on the underlying issue here, I suspect we'd disagree on damn near everything (except maybe strats, which are god's gift to humanity).

maxvintage likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.