Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are pissed - good

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 6, 2019.

1. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Watched the Saints at Tulane stadium and saw Dempsey kick that field goal. Alex Karras threw his helmet almost as far. Abramowicz set the record for most catches (at the time) . Sadly all of them were under 10 yards. Texans are quietly getting better every game. Watson is learning to get rid of the ball and read defenses.

My time backing the Niners was during the Y.A. Tittle years when they practiced in Redwood City. Mostly a S.F. Giants fan though.

boris bubbanov, lammie200 and getbent like this.
  2. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

I’ve heard Jerry’s having a great meltdown. A radio station cut him off in the middle of a very profane rant.

getbent likes this.
  3. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

Brady is a robot who excels under pressure. Give him an oil change, maybe hose him down with WD40...

:D :D :D

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Hey, Ray! I'm a Ray, too! How 'bout that?

After I retired, my wife and I moved to North Carolina. If a Philly team is playing on TV, I always root for the Philly team, having followed them all for so long; after all, that's what fans do, right? Otherwise, I'll support the home team, but I'm a Philly fan first.

raysachs likes this.
  5. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

We have a daughter in North Carolina and we're recently retired and spend about three months down there every winter - getting ready to head down there next weekend in fact. She and her husband are in Carolina Beach, just outside of Wilmington, and we stay about 10 minutes south of there in Kure Beach. They just got married in late October out near Asheville, so we've seen more parts of the state than I'd anticipated when she first moved down there. I don't see living there full time, but it sure is nice to visit in the winter.

I'm not sure if it was you, but I recall a lot of discussion about the Blues Cube amps with someone I'm thinking may have been you? I have the Marshall voiced Blues Cube Hot, so that may be another thing we have in common...

-Ray

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  6. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

We moved to western NC about 4 1/2 years ago, after having vacationed in the area several times over a period of two years. My wife is a beach gal and I'm a mountain guy, but the NC beaches are susceptible to hurricanes, and the Blue Ridge Mountains have done a good job protecting us from them. Much less expensive in NC as opposed to NJ - and plenty to see & do here!

Yeah, it may have been me in that Blues Cube thread. I purchased the Fender Bassman Tweed (6L6) version of the Blues Cube Hot and I love it - it sounds great, it's easy to use (WYSIWYG), it's nicely sized and is a very manageable weight. Love it!

raysachs likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Screw Debartolo. While he was doing that for the Niners, he wasted a fair piece of Mario Lemieux' career by being too cheap to build a team around him until he wanted to sell.

8. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

https://mariolemieux.org/who-we-are/about-the-foundation/

take a quick look at the board of directors... I think if you asked Mario about what you wrote, he would not share your opinion.

ummm, and you are confusing father and son...

Mario Lemieux yesterday became hockey's second $2 million man, signing a five-year contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins worth almost $12 million. ''This is much too much to be paying Mario, but we will live with it,'' Edward J. DeBartolo, owner of the Penguins, said at a news conference in Pittsburgh at which Lemieux signed his new contract.

''This is the greatest day of my life,'' Lemieux said. His contract is rivaled in the National Hockey League by only Wayne Gretzky's, worth $20 million over eight years. Previously, no N.H.L. player had earned as much as $1 million in a season. (AP) from 1989....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

This may be the musings and rants of an old guy, but I miss the days of professional sports when what a player made or his personal life were not integral to the game. Sure there was talk about trades and money but not at the level it is today. Once these things took complete control of sports it lost it's joy for me. I could root for a player or against him because of how he played the game. When it became how much money they made or how much an owner was willing to spend to get market share I believe the games lost integrity. I still love watching sports but underneath I know money has changed it and I see the same thing happening to college sports.

I am not arguing against players making all that they are worth, I would just like it to be less a part of the fan's participation. I'm probably just getting too old. However if I was an owner and had $200 million, I'd go after Cole in a heartbeat. Or maybe I'd just get better center field cameras.

10. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I’m Ray to. Welcome Rayford bros. Off topic a bit. The Bengals better keep sucking to get Burreaux. He is the real deal. Running Payton’s offense basically they destroyed the SEC. he’s pro ready.

raysachs likes this.
  11. fiestared

fiestared TDPRI Member

Looks like you didn't do your job too well.

12. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

We sacked his ass. Enjoy the win. Few mistakes cost us and as usual the refs are gonna help the other team. We stood up to the establishment. Better worry about your division.

13. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

14. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

SMH.

Attached Files:

15. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Big win for your Niners yesterday @getbent! Crazy game--When the Saints scored with whatever it was left (a minute?), a couple of Saints fans at the bar I was at were celebrating, whooping it up, etc-- I knew better. And man, that George Kittle is a beast.

That division is insane--now the Rams are coming to life as well, should be interesting down the stretch!

getbent likes this.
  16. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Was that a PI on that fake punt? Or did they just change the rules in game? I’m waiting for a real explanation.

17. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

18. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Apparently there can be no PI on a punt play (I didn't know this previously, but I get it)... Clearly there was holding by the SF defender, which possibly could have been called (I think?) but I know when watching regular punts.... you often see that defender clutching, pushing, holding all the way down the field with no flag--so I guess I see why it wasn't called. It also looked like the Saints' Smith had his arm extended toward the 49er--from my angle, I couldn't tell if he was clutching him or just trying to separate from the defender's hold. Oh well.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  19. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Im still in the anybody but Patriots and Cowboys camp.

raysachs likes this.
  20. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Holic

I saw the thread title and assumed that Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are a country band who like a drink.
    Sorry about that. I'll get my coat.

whole tone likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.