Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are pissed - good

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You're a pretty tuff guy.

2. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

Very very very VERY few franchises have what it takes to build a dynasty. MOST teams that win a Super Bowl only win one, very occasionally two, and then maybe contend for a few years, and then maybe win another several years later. The Packers from the 60s, the Steelers from the 70's, the 49ers in the 80's, the Cowboys in the early 90's, and the ridiculous almost 20 year run the Patriots have been on are the overwhelming exceptions, not the rule. And some teams do seem to be perennial contenders, but rarely if ever get over the hump. Except for that run in the early 90's, that was Dallas from the 60's through the 70's, with Dandy Don and then Staubach. They were really really good all the time, but they only won two Super Bowls ever, 7 or 8 years apart, before they won 3 in 4 years in the early 90's. And frankly, since then, they've sucked far more than the Eagles. The Eagles were really really really good from 2002 through 2008, reaching three NFC title games and one Super Bowl. The Cowboys haven't moved past the early part of the playoffs since their last Super Bowl win 24 years ago!

But what the Patriots have done is other-worldly. Belicheck has got to be the greatest coach ever, or at least tied with Lombardi. I attribute most of their success to him - Brady's great, one of the all timer best, but I have a feeling Belicheck could have made quite a few really good quarterbacks one of the greatest ever. Their only kryptonite so far has been the NFC East - they're 1-3 against our division in Super Bowls. Those are the only three they've lost. But this year, they're still at least very good (although Brady is really starting to show his age, FINALLY!) and the entire NFC East is just horribly horribly bad. Every last team. Just awful. I guess there have been other divisions that have sucked this badly, but I don't remember them.

I'm OK that the Eagles fell off after that Super Bowl win. This is not a city that would handle a dynasty well I don't think. But it's kind of dis-spiriting when there isn't a single .500 team in the division this late in the season. I think it's almost inevitable that one of these two teams will finish at or slightly above .500 and one WILL be in the playoffs. But it won't last long...

-Ray

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

These guys are always good for a laugh.

[​IMG]

FLHT and lammie200 like this.
  4. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Holic

I used to like Dallas, back in the Dynasty Day, Hell, I remember Don Meredith. Im a Texans fan now, I especially enjoyed watching them beat the Patriots, which is another dying dynasty, GOAT Brady, is done, he just won't except it, Belichek has.

5. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

One of the things about Belichick that makes him different from others is that he knows how to draft and trade. Has he ever drafted a big time RB? I don't think so. He sees that position as interchangeable fresh legs. I don't think that players like Edleman or Amendola or the others that he had fill that roll were high picks or expensive trades either. He very rarely pays top dollar for someone who will suck the money out of the team. Sure Dallas has talent in some key positions, but I am hesitant to say that they have talent everywhere they need it. They also paid top dollar for some of that talent.

stnmtthw likes this.
  6. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Yep. More often than everyone it's those guys that look foolish. Replay this!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

this marks the third time in Brady's career that he has been dismissed as done. It MAY BE... but, betting against those guys is not historically a good bet.

8. getbent

9. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

Yep, being a Minnesota sports fan hardens the soul. Actually, it damn near blackens the soul.:(

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Yep. Helmet to helmet. Maybe post a legal play?

11. getbent

was legal at the time rook.

12. getbent

yep.. that is billy kilmer who fumbles

13. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Maybe we get one in tomorrow on Garapablow. How long you been a whiner fan?

14. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

We’re you around when Debartolo was buying them SBs?

15. getbent

it will be a great game...

I've been a niner fan my entire life. Caddied for John Brodie... saw them at Kezar... lived through all the dark years... gotta take the good with the bad...

always loved Danny Abramowicz and remember seeing Tom Dempsey put the Aints on the map...

16. getbent

boris bubbanov likes this.
  17. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Can’t do that now. Yep y’all were pretty bad....longer than us lol. People overlook our D we haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher in 34 consecutive games. J.G might have to air it out. We got our O- line mostly back and Drew is getting he ball out right at 2 seconds. So that pass rush might not be so bad. Kamara on screens will help slow it down. Going to be a good game I give ya the edge because of the Dome. Hope Payton decides to play smash mouth with Murray. He can wear out a D. As far as the Rams. We lost Drew on the first play and Teddy had to come in. But once he settled in he went 5-0. He will get paid this year. It’s nice to have the division wrapped up and far as the falcons.... they always play us tough it’s a division rival. That was their SB. Their so stupid they could have had Joe Burrow. The old NFC west days are what’s in tomorrow. Good luck and may the best team win.

getbent likes this.
  18. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

getbent likes this.
  19. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

getbent likes this.
  20. getbent

two fun pieces of trivia... (btw, cool that both plays were vikes, niners) the steve young run was later used by burger king for a commercial and they changed young into the king...

that run, crazy as it was (and I watched it live) was not as nuts as the Cal v Stanford game... the guy who scored was a high school teammate of mine and a fantastic athlete.

the announcer, joe starkey, was the voice of the niners for many many years...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.