1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jerry Jeff

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jsnwhite619, Oct 25, 2020.

1. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

I know this isn't the first thread dedicated to JJW, but he really was the first guy I "discovered" and no one had ever told me about, and at the time, no one I knew had heard of him. So, there's a bit of a connection there.

Learned to play slide listening to Johnny Winter and I hate that I never got to see him live; I'm from Georgia and hated it when we lost Gregg Allman; but Jerry Jeff Walker has probably hit me harder than anyone since Waylon. He was the first person I heard when I was 18 in college and said, "Country music can be way deeper than I've ever heard." He was the perfect blend of hippie and cowboy.

I can't help but think that he planned to go out on a weekend so he could have a proper wake. Cheers Jacky Jack...you never got near the credit you deserved for what you did for music.

Washington Post article from 1980....he wasn't exactly a cult icon. He said to hell with the system and got swept away through history. Nobody is supposed to know they own the rights to their own music.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...is-back/e3f7715d-164a-41c8-801e-2214a01a50d8/

I hope heaven is somewhere between Key West & Luckenbach.

CWP0126 and tubedood like this.
  2. tubedood

tubedood Tele-Holic

Man that sounds sweet on the ears. Thank you.

3. monkeybanana

monkeybanana Tele-Holic

I honestly never heard of him until this morning when I watched this video because I like Todd Snider and Jason Isbell then later afternoon I heard on the radio that he passed. I'll be listening to his music.

BladeStratford and CWP0126 like this.
  4. CWP0126

CWP0126 Tele-Meister

:(

5. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

"Viva Terlingua"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.