1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jerry Donahue's – not just for the twang

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by rooboo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Here's a little video I just recorded where I decided to really push the Seymour Duncan Jerry Donahue Lead a little. Played through a fairly loud setting on a Blues Junior with just a little push over the bend from a Boss SD-1. The pickup works really well in this kind of situation don't you think. Even though it's designed as a country twanger.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZB9ThAjv5S

uriah1, Praxis and SPUDCASTER like this.
  2. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Holic

It's an OUTSTANDING pickup. I have one in a partscaster and there ain't much it can't do !

rooboo and SPUDCASTER like this.
  3. Tommyd55

Tommyd55 Tele-Holic

I've had a JD in my Tele bridge for 2 years now, It is a very good pickup, one that can cover a lot of territory and it blends great with my Harmonic Design Mini Strat in the neck position .
    The JD has that great Tele bridge punch with a slight refined edge.. I think it can be an excellent choice in many cases.
    Adding the JD was the last pickup change I made and it raised my partscaster to a whole different level..

4. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Yeah I really love it. It sounds good and chimey with the vol rolled off a bit. But like this vid above, in full bast, it really barks. Super pickup!

5. big jimmy

big jimmy Tele-Afflicted

For the money I don't think you can beat a S/D J/D. Get one used for $50. Covers most bases, I love the varied tones mine can deliver.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.