1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jeopardy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teleman1, Feb 13, 2021.

1. teleman1

teleman1 Friend of Leo's

I don't watch it. I am too add & it hurts my brain.Once in awhile, I watch it for 5 minutes. I caught the new guy the other night. I watch them answer things I can't get, but I amaze myself that I even get close. So the 3 contestants seemed PHD worthy. I answer almost a whole row and none of the contestants got them. Then my Wife blurts out, "your a genius", then, I changed the channel. I think if I was a contestant on the show,I'd have a seizure at the 1 minute mark as I jumped out of my skin.

2. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

Before dementia got the best of my mom, she would **** you off watching Jeopardy.

3. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

The online tests seem harder than the show itself.

Blackie1956 likes this.
  4. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Meister

You should have watched the episode when a category was "Football." After a contestant responded incorrectly to the first one, none of the three buzzed in on the rest of the whole category.

This was last year when Alex Trebek was still alive.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    teleman1 likes this.
  5. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

you may know the answer...but the real skill is using the buzzer to be first to get to answer

teleman1, ChipOnly and Dereksys38 like this.
  6. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

I've been told by a few people, whose judgement I trust, that I should be on Jeopardy. But I get my doors blown off when they get to stuff like contemporary TV. I don't watch any network TV, sitcoms, etc. Literature is another weak spot for me. Being a dentist, science is a strength. I've done well with some episodes. But I'm just not quite as well rounded as the average Jeopardy player, nor as fast with the answers. Speed is critical. You have to be quicker than the other guy, even if you do know the answers. Most contestants are pretty darned bright and knowledgeable people. But they need to be consistently quick with the button, as well as having a huge encyclopedia of facts in their head. Attorneys tend to be especially good at Jeopardy.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    teleman1 likes this.
  7. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

been watching since I was a little kid. Don't watch all the time, but it is one of the great shows.... I miss Art Fleming.

8. ChipOnly

ChipOnly Tele-Holic

Bob Harris' book "Prisoner of Trebekistan" is well worth the read for any Jeopardy fan.

One point he makes in the book is an important lesson one can learn from watching Jeopardy - it is better to do nothing than to do something stupid.

teleman1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.