Jensen recone parts

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by milocj, Jun 2, 2015.

1. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Does anybody know of a place that sells kits to recone old Jensens that aren't terribly expensive? I've got a 1964 amp with a pair of matching original C10Rs in it. One has been reconed at some point and the other cone is just super flimsy and will distort at any volume and turn inside out.

I have six old 1968 C10Rs so I popped one of those in it for now, but the baskets look different. I'd like to recone the other original Jensen, but suspect that shipping it both ways will be almost double the cost of having it reconed. If I could find a kit I think I may be able to buy two (in case I mess one up) for about the cost of round trip shipping. A quick search didn't really turn anything obvious up.

Thanks.

2. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Best bet and cheapest is going to be buying the parts from Weber. They don't sell kits but it ain't exactly rocket science gluing everything together.

3. Outcaster

Outcaster Tele-Holic

4. milocj

Thanks guys. I knew Weber would recone them but wasn't sure if they would sell the parts and couldn't find it on the website.

The other link didn't come up in my search so that's a good alternative as well. I have spare C10Rs and there doesn't seem to be any real "magic" in it compared to the other original reconed speaker so unless I get garbage parts I'd just like to have the original matching speakers in working condition. I've got plenty of 10s to try out if I want to and can also put original 1968s in it if I want the original sound.

5. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Well I just had a thread about Webers new web site.

On my phone anyway. The speakers parts are under "other" kind of a pain to find.

6. milocj

I remember seeing the thread. Don't remember if I replied in that one or not, but thanks for the tip. At least I know I can find them on the site somehow.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.