1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jensen Jet Tornado 12"

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Bella, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Bella

Bella Tele-Meister

Anyone here tried one of these? Found a used one at a local music store for a decent price. It's super lightweight because of the newfangled magnet it uses. I'm trying it out in my Peavey C30. It sounds a bit better than the stock Blue Marvel (to me). More bass and defined highs. More pleasing midrange. Not a major change, but it definitely sounds warmer to my ears and seems to tame the lead channels squishyness at higher gain, a bit.

This one is the 100W/16ohm version.

uriah1 likes this.
  2. trawls

trawls TDPRI Member

My experience has been the same. I have used other neos, eminence lil texas which worked well in a bass heavy amp but not so well in a bright amp, and the em12n, which is a good speaker. So far my favorite is the Jensen Tornado Classic 12. It has good firm lows and "fenderish" highs, and seems well balanced to me.

Bella likes this.
  3. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

I dropped 10” Jensen Neo tornado in a quilter cab that uses a celestion pa speaker, nothing wrong with the original. But , Like you, one came up local used and it will test my Jones for a more guitar voiced speaker. Not gigged it yet.

Bella likes this.
  4. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Great speaker.

5. TequilaCaster

TequilaCaster Tele-Holic

There are two different Jensen Jet Series Tornado 100 speakers. There is the Tornado Classic 100, and the Tornado Stealth 100. They have different cones and magnet structures.
    (Actually there is a third version labeled as Vintage Neo N12K) that Fender is putting in their Tonemaster series of amps.

And there is the 12" Tornado Stealth 65, and 12" Tornado Stealth 80 too!

They are all really great Speakers. I have a Classic 100 that I am breaking in. So far, so very good. Sounds like an alnico.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.