1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jekyll and Hyde- What is it?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TelZilla, Feb 24, 2020.

1. TelZilla

TelZilla Friend of Leo's

I've been looking at these. Because there's not that much new under the sun, I'm just wondering if anybody knows what the two sides of this pedal are. These have been around for a long time, so maybe visual sound was first.

So is the O/d side a tubescreamer and the Distortion side an OCD or what? Anyone know?

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Jekyll/OD side is indeed a TS, the very best ever voiced, when it comes to the original V1 of this pedal, IMO

Hyde/Distortion side is a Marshall Shredmaster

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  3. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

I always loved the overdrive side. If I could just get that pedal in a regular enclosure, instead of the goofy ones they use, I would definitely have one on my board.

4. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, Tubescreamer is Jekyll and Marshall Shredmaster is Hyde. Both sound really great in my V1 of this excellent pedal.

5. mikestearns

mikestearns Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I have their "Workhorse" Amp, and it originally came with that pedal, though I don't have the pedal. I think they were early to 'boutique' pedal market and aren't quite as hyped as some of the current newcomers.

6. blowtorch

[​IMG]
    It sounds the same as the Jekyll side on the newer versions.
    The old silver/grey version is the magic one, though, and it doesn't sound the same as that

tah1962 likes this.
  7. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Someone gave me one. Version 2 or something I think. I was quite stoked, as at times I have need of a Tubescreamer type pedal, but not enough of a need to make buying one sensible. Unfortunately, that side is broken in this one. I don’t have enough of a need to be bothered fixing it either.

I think the distortion side sounds decent enough with what I’ve used it with, though I have no need for that. Didn’t blow me away. Goofy enclosure too (said the guy that just bought a relic’d pedal…).

Pax/
    Dean

8. blowtorch

Haha I have a Breakdown on the way now, too.
    I think your post about it was the first I'd heard of it, so, thanks a lot, enabler! :p

TokyoPortrait likes this.
  9. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Thanks, yes I’m aware of this, but your picture above is of the goofy looking enclosure I was talking about. :D I like the Open Road pedal too but again, not the enclosure. Both are great sounding pedals.

I just don’t like either one of them enough to put on my board, and I’ve found other pedals that I like better.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.