1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jefferson Starship- Count on Me

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by mattyboy, Sep 7, 2015.

1. mattyboy

mattyboy Tele-Meister

Hey folks! I have the chords for this great old song, but am trying to figure out the solo. Any idears?

Thanks!

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Learn to play the melody...and near the end,the guitarist is working a bit of picked chord forms...whether with his fingers or a pick I don't know. I could listen only once....and didn't make it all the way through that first time. I flew with the Airplane, but I never got on the Starship.

3. mattyboy

mattyboy Tele-Meister

Thanks Wally! Yea it sounds like he's just following the chords (A,E,D, F,Bm).
    Yea I prefer the Airplane too, but there's a couple early on from the Starship that I like.

4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

mattyboy, iirc, the guitarist is following the melody rather closely as a basis for what he is doing. IME, the melody of a song like this is a key to a good solo.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.