JD Peavey Omniac compared to a Tele?

Guitartom_ca

Tele-Holic
I was just reading about the Peavey omniac. How is this guitar compared to a tele? in weight? tone? etc?
anyone here own one of these guitars.
Does anyone have the full scale plans for the body shape of a omniac. I would love to make a guitar with that body shape?
thanks

Scotele

Tele-Meister
Looks to be a nice guitar, pity peavey dont make one with noiseless pups & six saddle bridges. Unsure about the 'V' profile neck. The Fender Baja neck is apparently 'V' profile which I didn't like. JD talks about it on You Tube Peavey-Musik Messe 2007.
Thought about buying one but too expensive here in UK.

tiktok

Poster Extraordinaire
I've played a couple, and they were really, really nice. Both the ones I played were on the heavy end of Tele-dom, although much to my back's displeasure, it usually seems that the Tele's I really enjoy the sound of tend to be heavier.

The build quality on the one's I've seen was top notch, and the pickup switching system is hands down my favorite two-pickup configuration. I do wish they had noiseless pickups, but c'est la vie. I also loved the neck profile, although I could do without the figuring.

If the looks don't bother you, and you're not worried about resale value, I would definitely advise checking one out.

Jellecaster

Friend of Leo's
I have two of them - great guitars. I prefer the Tele shape, but these are really nice. I have absolutely no interest in one with a six saddle bridge or noiseless pups! (yuck)

The Donahue bridge pup twangs like crazy and you really can get Strat sounds in the "in between" positions. I also really like the compensated bridge. They are a tad on the heavier side, but not too bad at all.

The neck is just awesome. It is a pretty severe "V" - much more than a Baja. The satin finish on the neck feels just like raw wood.

Fit and finish are every bit as good as an American Deluxe Tele.

e-merlin

Doctor of Teleocity
Never tried one, but Peavey's guitars are top notch. It's got a lot in common with Fender's Jerry Donahue signature model, most notably the neck shape and pickup switching according to one of Peavey's customer service guys.