1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jazzmaster Pickup covers with no pole piece holes?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by 94bamf, Jul 20, 2012.

1. 94bamf

94bamf Tele-Meister

Help me with possibly a dumb question. Installing a SD quarter pound jazzmaster in the neck position of my Squire tele. I had to order a pickup cover for this pickup since they don't come with them. The ones I found on ebay don't have holes for the pole pieces of the pickup, just straight black plastic. Do I need to drill the holes or will these things work ok through the plastic? I have obviously seen metal pickup covers on Humbuckers or standard tele neck pickups, without pole piece holes, but plastic is a different game. I would expect the pickup to work normally through the plastic, but wondering if this might effect the output/brightness of the pickup, make it muddy etc?

2. LocustPlague

LocustPlague Tele-Holic

It should have no issue whatsoever. The Mustang, for instance, had no pole holes and those worked fine.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.