1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jazzmaster owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Volk, Dec 8, 2011.

1. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

I treated myself to a Squier VM Jazzmaster a few years ago & it's just an awesome sounding/playing guitar. I put a set of Rorosound reds 11-48's on it & the tone is superb. :)

[​IMG]

2. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

Either once is a great axe. There's also the "Squier Deluxe" Jazzmaster, which is a Mascis in a different color and without his name on the back. The Mascis/Deluxe pickups are essentially P90s so they've got more midrange and less glassy (or "trashy") highs. For plinky '60s surf tones I'd go with the VM. IMHO the Mascis' tune-o-matic bridge introduces as many problems as it solves.

3. Loco85

Loco85 Tele-Meister

Always wondered what Jazz master owners thought about a Jazzcaster guitar.

I'm in the process of building one.

What are true Jazzmaster guitarist thoughts on Jazzcaster guitars?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using TDPRI mobile app

orangeguitar and asnarski like this.
  4. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oh. And here's mine.

IMG_1224.JPG

I'm amazed at how great it plays and how great it sounds. This one came used with a Mastery bridge. So far it works superbly.

I love the extra brightness and thickness over a Strat. Love it so much I'm tempted by those surf green 60s Lacquer models. Gotta give a Staytrem bridge a home and compare to the Mastery, right ...?

Telebeestar, horax, Aron83 and 5 others like this.
  5. mojorowe

mojorowe TDPRI Member

The neck is very similar in dimention to my strat which I find quite compfy. The lacquer has a smooth feel on the neck, not matte, but more of a soft satin so the hand glides with no sticking. The hardest thing to get used to is the 7.25 radius and vintage frets since all my others are 9.5 or 12 with med/jumbos. But Im almost to the point where I can go from one to the other without pause. It is really fun to pick up that vintage neck and feel what it was like back then.

6. MilwMark

Pretty slender then?

7. mojorowe

mojorowe TDPRI Member

Yeah..1.65 at the nut 2.20 at 21st and my strat is 1.66 and 2.18, tele is 1.66 and 2.20 respectively. So really the only difference is the radius. As for shape..Im not so good with that but they all look and feel the same basic C shape.

8. MilwMark

Thanks.

9. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Afflicted

10. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Afflicted

I joined again (after leaving in 1966 when I turned to bass). Bought a used J. Mascis JM. Nice player for me, can chord cleanly, and the switching is not at all confusing. I'm a 3-chord Pre-Beatles, classic surf type and play along with CD's etc. Didn't really need one but......
    Only issues is the ugly pickguard and messy Sharpie blob on the back of the headstock. Does anyone know about the tremolo arm; mine does not screw in but stays pretty much in place ?
    No need to post pix - it looks just like the onse at MF.

11. morkov

morkov TDPRI Member

Yes the arm is a push in type, and it stays in place. I changed my trem for an avri one, because I wanted one with a lock. Wich I have never used. The stock trem was fine. As for a pickguard i changed mine for a mint, think it looks gorgeous with that. But I also like the gold one so I keep going back and forth. An avri guard will fit, but you will have to widen the holes for the bridge a bit.

12. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Here's my Wildwood spec AV 65'

[​IMG]

tombm3, shupe13 and BorderRadio like this.
  13. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Always wanted a Jazzmaster. Last month bought a TVL from a guy on EBay. Really looks new-

Jazz 1.JPG

Using it on my regular Wednesday night C & W jam. Pretty sweet.

NewKid, Minimalist518, horax and 5 others like this.
  14. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Afflicted

I would like to try a Tort guard; I can live with the tremolo arm.

15. scantron81

scantron81 Tele-Afflicted

Gosh, I have several really great guitars that I've used for years. I'm not flipping gear as often as I used to. I've off-loaded most of my amps and cabs. I go and do sessions for people and, in spite of owning many Gibsons, Fenders, and other, higher priced Jazzmasters, I always wind up using this Squier Jazzmaster for sessions. And, each time I use this thing, the audio engineer goes out and buys one for himself. All I've done to this little guy is fresh strings and a setup. I think I'm going to do some upgrades this Summer. The pups will stay because I LOVE them. However, the stock bridge is going in favor of a Mustang bridge, and while I'm at it, I'll probably swap the tremolo plate for a Fender one. I'll keep the tortoise pickguard for now, but I plan to shield it. Last, I'm considering pulling out the wiring and putting in a full new kit.

[​IMG]

16. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

What is unique about the "Wildwood spec"???

17. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Holic

18. bryan83

bryan83 Tele-Meister

Squier VM Jazzmaster. AVRI pickguard, '65 pickups, and knobs. New vintage style wiring harness and electrical components. Very happy with her :)

[​IMG]

19. Tobias

Tobias Tele-Meister

Hmm seems I haven't posted my monster yet - this is Bela.

I got this in trade for a gibson sgj. The sgj's sharp fret edges, neckdive, shorter scale and too mellow humbuckers didn't do it for me. But I did need something 'heavy' in the lineup.

So jm with super distortions and coil split. The bridge promptly collapsed on me first time I took it to practice, after some adjustments and a trip to the luthier it's now the guitar with most sounds that I play at home when I need a sonic fix.

20170421_090429.jpg

20. Paully

Paully Tele-Meister

shupe13 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.