1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jazzmaster owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Volk, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bossaddict

bossaddict Tele-Meister

1963 Olympic White w/ Sonic Blue overspray...

[​IMG]

2. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

My Classic 60s Lacquer, with the addition of AVRI trem, trem arm and pickguard (the bridges are very far back on the MiM JMs so I needed to file a mm or so off the thimble holes on the guard). I also threw a Japanese Mustang bridge on there. Those American Vintage '65 pups sound great and the guitar plays phenomenally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Wow, I'm seeing a lot of Mustang and Mastery bridges on Jazzmasters lately. I guess this mod has gotten popular because of the well-known problems with the standard Jazzmaster bridge assembly.

4. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

5. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Afflicted

I hope to join some day, Either Oly White/Turquoise ore Sunburst/Turquoise - even a Squier.

BorderRadio and PixMix like this.
  7. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I have two Jazzmaster's. My pride and joy, a 1966 Jazzmaster that my parents bought for me when I was 15. I also have a 1962 AVRI that I bought in 1999. I'll probably be selling the 62 in the next week or two, just not using it.

Here's the 66

1966 Jazzmaster.JPG

And the 62 Reissue

IMG_8736.JPG

8. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Squier has some great options in their Jazzmaster line.

savofenno likes this.
  9. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

All depends on what string gauge you go for and how heavy you pick. I'm a heavy picker on 10s... Although I don't find the strings move about as much as on a Jaguar, they do rattle a bit with the stock bridge. I have a spare Buzz Stop but I haven't put it on as I don't want to lose all the overtones that you get behind the bridge.

Minimalist518 likes this.
  10. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Doctor of Teleocity

I'm a pretty heavy strummer, so I had to replace the stock bridge on my MIJ. The low E kept jumping out of the groove, which wasn't groovy at all, man.

11. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Quite a few mustang-looking bridges in this thread are actually staytrem replacements.

wyclif likes this.
  12. mojorowe

mojorowe TDPRI Member

My Classic 60s Lacquer.. changed the pg from white to red tort. Still using the stock bridge with no issues. Strung with D'Addario Chromes 11 flats.

[​IMG]

13. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for this link. Bookmarking it in case I pick up a Jazzmaster. I wasn't aware of these people in England; I hadn't looked that closely and assumed players were buying aftermarket Mustang bridges and installing them, like on the Lee Ranaldo Signature Jazzmaster.

PixMix likes this.
  14. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Mustang bridges work well too, but these seem to be much better made, have really massive well-machined saddles, and have a slightly narrower string spacing that corrects the tendency for both E strings to be too close to edges of the fingerboard.

15. Mekhem

Mekhem Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

TeleBrew likes this.
  16. Mekhem

Mekhem Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

RE: Staytrem:

I am a big fan and have recommended both of their products (Bridge and the ... errr.... Staytrem ) often. Well made, inexpensive, though more than an actual mustang bridge, vintage spacing etc. I put them on all of my offsets at the first string change.

17. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Afflicted

I'm kicking tires, down to J Mascis or Vintage Modified (Squiers) Which would sound most like the "60's surf, difference in pickups no real way for side-by side comparison (except at the store), etc. I'm not a real guitar player but lean to 3-shord with no pedals. Any input would help

18. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Beauty. What's the neck like? Fender's a bit vague.

19. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

There's actually nothing "wrong" with the stock bridge that a comprehensive setup (most likely including shimming the neck pocket) won't fix. It's a little over engineered, but it works great once you understand it.

20. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

2012 Squier VM. Changed the pots for 500K and stuck a Squier J. Mascis bridge pickup in it mainly out of curiosity (I like the stock overwound bridge pickup), but otherwise stock. It's better than the CIJ Jazzmaster I used to own, and not as far from my old AVRI as you'd think. I really tried to convince myself to buy a MIM '60s Lacquer, Road Worn or TVL, but I just couldn't justify the cost difference. I have more expensive guitars but it's my #1.

IMG_3872.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.