1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jazzmaster owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Volk, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Don't worry, it's not you. These guitars are that good. I bought mine on a leap of faith and have never once regretted it.

AAT65 and Mr Swisher like this.
  2. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I just discovered this club; therefore, I have posted some photos of my newly-acquired AO 60's in Ocean Turquoise. I have had it several weeks now and love it. A wonderful addition to my guitar herd. Unfortunately, my camera insists that the color is blue, and does not faithfully render the greenish hue.
    59A8FE9A-A493-4B18-B592-416C5A508AA1_1_201_a.jpeg 183FF19B-C2CC-4917-8C1D-1769082C166E.jpeg 0FB928A4-503F-4D43-9072-69B8A7E0CABE.jpeg

3. AAT65

AAT65 Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome on board! That’s the twin of mine. I’ve had mine nearly 3 years and it’s a beauty and sounds great too. Plus it has the best trem (vibrato) in recorded history...
    (The only thing I’ve changed, or am likely to, is my selector switch now goes east-west instead of north-south.)

Fendereedo and t-ray like this.
  4. schroeder

schroeder Tele-Meister

It took 4 yrs, but now I have a Jazzmaster in the family
    [​IMG]

5. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

That is a beauty! Tell us about it. I do not recall seeing anything quite like it.

Fendereedo likes this.
  6. schroeder

schroeder Tele-Meister

I replaced a neck from a VMJM with a baritone neck, so I had a spare neck. I saw Fender pushing maple fretboard necks on guitars traditionally using rosewood. I also own a MIJ Thinline Tele and a MIJ Thinline Jaguar, and with some custom builders offering Thinline everything anymore, a Thinline Jazzmaster just seemed natural. I’ve been wanting to paint a guitar a black-green for a while. A cool late 60’s color on Camaros (Fathom Green) was what I was leaning towards, but I couldn’t justify hiding the ash grain.
    [​IMG]
    So I mixed a very dark green stain. The pickguard is aluminum painted matte black with brake caliper paint and baked to harden. Under the hood is brass plates in the control cavities. A bit of a trick as the semi hollow design has much bigger cavities. Very happy with the results. It sounds like a Jazzmaster should. It is probably my most resonant guitar unplugged. I have an idea for custom saddles that can fix some of the typical complaints of the bridge. Will take a while to sort that out though.

7. WingedWords

WingedWords Friend of Leo's

Very nice job. Keep us informed about your custom saddle ideas. Standard bridge works for me, but it's always interesting to hear others' solutions.

Fendereedo likes this.
  8. Patton

Patton Tele-Meister

Here's my recently acquired (Dad died, I inherited it) 1966 CAR Jazzmaster. 13FEB66B neck stamp. Dot's and binding. It has an older beat up but fully functional brown case.

100_1618 (2).JPG

Funny story on it, my older brother bought it used in the late 80's from a coworker for I think $250. I played it a bit back then and fell in love with it. He didn't like it and traded it to our dad for some equipment. My dad never got rid of anything so it's now mine. The neck is just a dream to play and the frets are in excellent shape!. The pickups are great! All original with no solder joints touched. It has a lot more chips, back worming and scratches than my pics show but it's in overall pretty great shape.

There is literally no finish checking anywhere. I wonder if it had been sprayed with a clear sealer originally or if the factory just did a rush job and buffed out the paint then called it good?

100_1646 (3).JPG

9. WingedWords

The very good friend of offsets, Michael J Adams, has just started this series on his YouTube channel about some TLC he's giving to a 61 Jazzmaster. Makes me aware that we're only the guardians of our instruments for part of their lives (hopefully).

Fendereedo likes this.
  10. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

First timer in this club. This popped up locally at a GC w/o pictures. Had them hold it, got very good trade credit, and home it came. It needed a good cleaning and set up, but it is basically near mint. I am shocked at how easy a JM is to play, the upper fretboard access is phenomenal.

20210322_172503.jpg 20210322_172437.jpg

11. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Holic

Hey y’all. I made a partsmaster and I wanted to show it off. It has a Fender american pro neck, an american vintage trem, a staytrem bridge, seymour duncan antiquity 2s and a body by Franchin with a nitro finish.

4B8342B6-ED30-4231-B456-B443AF97EEE5.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  12. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

That's too cool for school! Love it.

Electric Warrior likes this.
  13. nigelthebald

nigelthebald TDPRI Member

SAM_9570.jpeg
    (Excuse double post - I've also added this to the "pictures" thread.)

I owned a hardtail Squier Vintage Modified JM some years ago, but never really bonded with it. As of this week, though, I'm the new owner of this beauty - a 60th Anniversary model, upgraded by the previous custodian with Mojo gold foil pickups (actually silver, to chime with the hardware), and a roller bridge. Set up for 10s, it plays like a dream and sounds glorious, clean or filthy.

14. AAT65

AAT65 Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice!
    Looks like you’ve also had the all-important “fore-&-aft” mod done (pickup selector turned 90° — I do this on all guitars which come with an “up-&-down” switch).

nigelthebald and Fendereedo like this.
  15. WingedWords

Refinishing whizz Rexter Guitars is in your neck if the woods should you ever need him. He's a big fan of Jazzmasters.

https://rexterguitars.co.uk/

AAT65 and nigelthebald like this.
  16. nigelthebald

Thank you, AAT65!

All mods were done by the previous custodian of my new beauty - as far as I know he owned her from new.

AAT65 likes this.
  17. nigelthebald

Thanks, WW!

Coincidentally my wondertech Olley posted a video just the other day in which he was working on a Rexterguitars JM.

18. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Holic

I sold one of my FCS JMs and am going to sell the other one since I put together these two partsmasters.

DDC418AF-4AD8-44EB-A413-0DB521A8F0BC.jpeg

19. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Holic

Popped a spitfire pickguard on my parts master. Yeah they make white.

58ACCD8D-E209-4095-8F52-CB5E666616FA.jpeg 825B5CA8-3732-40B4-BE37-78C287B8016E.jpeg

AAT65 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.