1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jazzmaster neck question

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by rank, Sep 22, 2011.

1. rank

rank TDPRI Member

I am building my 1st Jazzmaster & have hit a bit of a roadblock finding an affordable neck. I have been searching on ebay but the necks that I find are either unfinished, which I have no way of finishing, or they are $300+. I can get a used Classic Player for a little more money.

Anyone know a good source for AVRI or Classic Player necks? How much difference is there between a Classic Player neck & a Blacktop neck?

2. nickwort

nickwort Tele-Meister

Have you considered using a strat neck?

3. rank

rank TDPRI Member

How much of a difference is there between a Jazzmaster neck & a Strat neck?

4. scrumley

scrumley Tele-Meister

Just the headstock, as far as I know. You could probably get a big headstock squier neck and shape it accordingly.

5. romo

romo Tele-Meister

Probably not gonna find a parted out AVRI neck on the cheap. I'd look at strat necks as well.

6. Rob52

Rob52 Tele-Holic

The only noticable difference between a Strat neck and a Jazzmaster is the headstock shape, but Jazzmasters have had a couple of variations to that over the years anyway.

If you're not worried about being 100% correct, consider a Strat neck, that gives you many more options as to fretboard radius, neck profile etcetera and more options on price as well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.