Jazz-abilly gig in Arlington, VA

SonsOfMoog

Tele-Meister
Hello all,

I'll be playing a show with a 52 AVRI Hot Rot Tele and a hollow body Gibson 195.

I'll be playing along with a drummer, Kent Stax of the punk band, Scream. He'll be playing a single snare drum with jazz brushes and sticks.

Next month we'll be adding John Previti on upright bass. He used to play bass with Danny Gatton. We're connecting with the musical tradition, come on out and get in on the ground floor.

Saturday night May 14th at the Rhodeside Grille in Arlington, VA.

1836 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201

Last edited:

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Hello all,

I'll be playing a show with a 52 AVRI Hot Rot Tele and a hollow body Gibson 195.

I'll be playing along with a drummer, Kent Stax of the punk band, Scream. He'll be playing a single snare drum with jazz brushes and sticks.

Next month we'll be adding John Previti on upright bass. He used to play bass with Danny Gatton. We're connecting with the musical tradition, come on out and get in on the ground floor.

Saturday night June 14th at the Rhodeside Grille in Arlington, VA.

1836 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
Have fun! Played only once there many years ago, but in the mid 1990's played years at Whitlow's ( WOW) just up the road.

My blues/ R&B trio was the first band to play there.
( but after a few years, our stuff was 'too old'- sounding for the younger folks coming in)

SonsOfMoog

Tele-Meister
Have fun! Played only once there many years ago, but in the mid 1990's played years at Whitlow's ( WOW) just up the road.

My blues/ R&B trio was the first band to play there.
( but after a few years, our stuff was 'too old'- sounding for the younger folks coming in)
Awesome, thanks for the well wishes. Yeah that area tends to skew on the frat side but there are still fun times to be had.

I'll be playing some standards and some ol' rock n roll chestnuts.

SonsOfMoog

Tele-Meister
Sounds like fun. What songs are you performing?
Partial setlist includes,

How High the Moon played as a fast swing tune
Rebel Rouser by Duane Eddy
Conception by George Shearing
Maybelle by Chet Atkins
Afternoon In Paris, melody played with 6th harmonies, fast. (I'll likely mix it up with Lost Woods and Dungeon theme from the Zelda video game series)
Lullaby of Birdland by George Shearing
Freddie Freeloader mashed up with the original Spiderman Theme song
Misty done in a fast swing style
Rumble by Link Wray

It'll likely stay instrumental with spoken word and poetry mixed in between songs. Let me know if there's a song you'd like to hear and I'll work it up for the next gig!

I'll live stream it on my Instagram account, @DoubleSharpAudio. Follow for more details.

You can learn more about my work and how I came to meet my bandmates at, DoubleSharpAudio.com

Last edited:

8bitlooper

TDPRI Member
Oh wow! I’m local to the area and this set is right up my alley. Sadly I’m out out of town this weekend, but will definitely be keeping an out for you guys moving forward. Have a good gig!