James Burton has kidney cancer!?!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Best wishes for a good surgery, and complete recovery. One of the best for sure. For those who don't know, James did the original solo on Working Man Blues for Merle Haggard.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
Like everybody, love that James Burton. Countless sessions, a foundational legacy.

My colleague's wife had cancer in her liver, which they removed. A little recurrence still, but they got it again, and she's recovering.

Doctors can really get after this stuff. I hope that's the case with Burton and his family.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I was watching a Shreveport news broadcast earlier today. Mr Burton is not doing well; he's recovering from a hip surgery as RodeoTex mentioned, on top of the kidney issues and if I remember correctly the reporter stated his condition is serious.
Prayers ongoing...he's a legend with an almost unfathomable body of guitar work. Also reputed to be a pretty nice guy.

Last edited:

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
I'm from Shreveport, also. I had no idea he fell on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing. I had been keeping up with everything going on, I thought.

Whoa Tele

Friend of Leo's
I was watching a Shreveport news broadcast earlier today. Mr Burton is not doing well; he's recovering from a hip surgery as RodeoTex mentioned, on top of the kidney issues and if I remember correctly the reporter stated his condition is serious.
Prayers ongoing...he's a legend with an almost unfathomable body of guitar work. Also reputed to be a pretty nice guy.
I got to meet him when my old band opened for Jerry Lee Lewis and the nice guy label definitely applies . He even showed me a prototype Tele that Fender was working on for him

burtonfan

Tele-Afflicted
He's having surgery in Nashville on Monday...my biggest guitar hero (and one of the absolute nicest guys I've ever hung with), so I'll be sayin' a few extra prayers this week!!!
My biggest guitar hero as well, though I've never had the pleasure of meeting him.

Prayers.

knavel

Tele-Holic
Here is the latest update from James Burton's FB page - as said above, I want him to live forever, and Telecasters help in this regard as James and Steve Cropper prove:

1669918277344.png