1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

James Bond Aston Martin DB5 Goldfinger Continuation

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rze99, Jan 15, 2021.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

I had the Dinky toy model as a kid and enjoyed playing with it. Is this the ultimate manchild toy? It's certainly in the right price range.... and a thing of true beauty. the 1960 were the best ever decade, non?

2. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Holic

Nice. But have a look at the 70s model which could turn into a submarine. You never know when you need it!

PhredE likes this.
  3. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Afflicted

Maybe the Lotus Esprit in The Spy Who Loved Me?

Speaking of cars going into/onto water..

It's not Bond worthy, but actually happened..

My late, and very cool, uncle was a young single guy in Seattle back in the mid 1960s. Often, on weekends when he had the time, he would come and pick up my older brother and I and test drive cars (we were just young brats, about 5,6 at the time). He had very good taste in cars -- a GTO, Mustang, etc. his preference was for muscle cars with big V-8s!

Anyhoo, one time he broke from the established pattern and went to a dealer selling what was called the "Amphicar". Having absolutely no clue about what was about to portend.. He took the keys, explained that he'd return in an hour and told us to get in. He drove through the city for a minutes, drove to a boat ramp and drove straight into Lake Washington! It was a nice warm day as I recall and the boaters that we passed were all dumbfounded -- just like we were!

Later, when I told this long-forgotten story to my uncle's surviving wife, she said 'if his mother would have ever heard that he did that, he would have been ostracized from the family for life' (or worse).

rze99 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.