1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Jade Pearl Metallic - Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Tele60x, Oct 11, 2012.

Do you like Jade Pearl Metallic?

1. Yah

132 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. Nah

54 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Oakville Dave

Oakville Dave Friend of Leo's

Very nice

2. Clifton C

Clifton C Tele-Afflicted

I guess it's all a part of a new appreciation of the '70's, although a lot of that stuff was ugly the first time around. Maybe they'll bring back "Plum Crazy," which was a Dodge color used on Dodge Darts.

image-1214259491.jpg

3. Rico07

Rico07 TDPRI Member

Definite YAY!!! for me!!

Originally I set out to order an SSS American Standard in Olympic White. All of the dealers I checked were out of them. However, they were expecting more. I put one on order.

Then........I came across these green models! Not only did I cancel my dream white guitar, (which I have seen some of them yellow with time), but I decided on the beefier HSS pickup configuration.

I ordered an HSS Jade Pearl Metallic with a stunningly contrasted rosewood neck!

Because the color is metallic and reflective, it changes with light and is hard to photograph. It is so incredibly awesome in person!!! The photos just don't capture the richness of it. The rosewood neck with this color is a must in my opinion. I love this guitar, it is a player!!

Does anyone know if this is a limited color? It may not have started that way, perhaps not as popular? IDK but I have noticed they are not plentiful or are special order only.

Anyway if you love rich color this guitar is VERY COOL! It's my fav thus far. The sound and playability, delicious!

JET

4. 017_017

017_017 Friend of Leo's

As far as I know, it's always been a standard colour. Doesn't seem very popular, though. The colour reminds me of Aston Martin Almond Green.

5. Headless Axeman

Headless Axeman Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

It's a big yes for me.

6. dogfootblues

dogfootblues Tele-Afflicted

I definitly like the jade metallic better with a rosewood board. Works on either strat or Tele. Just gotta have rosewood. For me.

7. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

I thought jade green metallic was a new colour based on a Lexus car paint colour? No?

8. 017_017

017_017 Friend of Leo's

Yes, as far as I'm aware, it's a new colour that was introducted when they revised the line with the controversial body contour. I have no idea whether Fender were inspired by, or based it on, a Toyota luxury division colour.

[​IMG]

9. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

I voted yes.
    [​IMG]

10. Matthew Leo

Matthew Leo TDPRI Member

On a Strat with maple neck....yes.

Do not like on a Tele or rosewood neck.

11. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I like it a lot on Strats with rosewood boards... and I think black plastics would look great in it as well. I'd have it like this: (a Photoshop mock-up I did when I was planning an HH Strat)

[​IMG]

Very difficult color to photograph accurately... it looks all kinds of different ways in various photographs, but is great in person.

12. DHart

I recently bought a Midnight Wine Strat, which I was impressed with, but felt the color was a bit too "purple" (not burgundy, like wine) for my liking. So... it is going to be exchanged for... guess what... a Jade Pearl Metallic Strat, with a rosewood board. It will then receive a black loaded pick guard with... two humbuckers! Just like the photo above.

13. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

It does look better on a Strat than a Tele...

14. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Never been a big fan of green, but that color is okay. I think it would look better with a different color pickguard. Mint, cream, pearl or black.

15. DHart

Jade Pearl Metallic... I say YAY! Arrived today and I love it. Very subtle color, in cool color temperature light it takes on desert sage green tones and in warmer color temperature lighting there are gold tones and highlights. Understated overall, which I really like.

I've seen a lot of images of Jade Pearl which are not representative of the color in real life. These photos are quite close to how the color looks in both cool and warmer lighting.

In cool colored light:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here with a 2012 Les Paul Standard Trans Amber +++ Top and a 2014 Mystic Red American Standard Strat. As you can see, in warmer toned lighting, the color exudes warmer, gold tones:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  16. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Wasn't sure about it when it first came out, but like it now..........with rosewood board.

17. Sada Yairi

Sada Yairi TDPRI Member

I just put down money on one!!!

18. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

I like it but mostly as a relic with a bit of nitro yellow age to it. I would take either rosewood or maple board.

19. DerekMcTele

DerekMcTele Tele-Meister

I voted for Yay with a rosewood board.

20. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

I like this color with a maple fretboard and a mint/black/mint to highlight the greens in the body.

I'd actually LOVE that insane Plum color purple from the car back a bit in the thread on a tele with a white/black/white pickguard with an uncovered neck pickup/black strat neck pickup.

Fancy!!!!!!

Edit: it would be my prince tribute tele, I'd name it "Bob George" :cool::p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.