Jack Bruce - Cream World of Pain

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I've always liked Bruce's bass line in this song.

I got this album from my older sister in 1968 on my 10th Birthday!
I only had 8-9 records and a suitcase Sears phonograph, and played this almost every day for years- love it!

Eric singing the verses, Jack the bridge and both, Chorus
I wanna sing and play Ginger's "Blue Condition!"

Danb541

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
This album is pretty darn good. Cream "ish". I've always been a Trower fan though.

1660857299266.png

John Frets

Tele-Meister
Ships in the Night.
Jack Bruce and fellow Scot Maggie Reilly on vocals with Eric Clapton on guitar in 1993. Nice melody, chord progression, and piano arpeggios. Lyrics by Pete Brown again. Clapton’s guitar outro begins at 3:20. Jack always seemed to bring out the best in Eric.

Not so fast

TDPRI Member
To me that entire album is masterpiece. Clapton was doing his best to emulate Hendrix in some cases but it's just a great album.
Ironic, since Hendrix idolized Clapton. When Chas Chandler asked Hendrix to sign a management contract and go to England to put a band together, he said he'd do it on the condition that Chandler introduce him to Clapton.

Not so fast

TDPRI Member
I love that album. Clapton and Bruce were both giants. I hate the Bruce kind of faded after Cream. I recently realized how much Bruce influenced my singing. I probly ape him as much as anyone.
Although he had nothing like the popular success of Clapton, Jack Bruce produced a huge body of work after Cream. His first solo album was, I would guess, an early signpost for the ambitious proto-Progressive Rock British bands, where he showed how elastic the conventional boundaries of rock could be.

Here's a track from his first solo album. I like to listen to it while pretending that he was auditioning for a band and making up the bass line while reading their chord chart. Band leader: "Thanks for coming by. Next!"

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
I listen to this song about five times a week thanks to Spotify. All of Cream in their short existence is so important to me. They had no weaknesses/holes in their game.

I love Led Zeppelin and acknowledge they covered more ground but, I like Cream better.