$189 with free shipping.

Solid Body.
Supposed to be Cherry wood.
Mahogany Neck.
Rosewood fingerboard.
Or so I've read.

Really nice flame.
Plays pretty well out of the box.
Neck is pretty straight, frets feel good. Surprisingly pleased.

Someone returned it due to finishing flaws I am guessing. Doesn't bother me in the least. (LOL)

20221002_114217.jpg

Attachments

• 20221002_114105.jpg
    20221002_114105.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20221002_114115.jpg
    20221002_114115.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20221002_114200.jpg
    20221002_114200.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 49

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Cool!
I’ve never gigged with a Beatle bass.
Gotta try it.
Beatle bass and a pick.
Yeah, dat’s it!

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
That’s what I like about you, Fendergyrl. You’re a sucker for a cheap guitar!

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Congratulations and HNBD, @FenderGyrl
That looks cool, and if anybody can make that thing rock, it’s gotta be you!

My daughter had a brief dalliance with bass, and my 14-lb Ampeg Big Stud bass was not going to cooperate with her thin frame and bad hips (congenital defect). I bought her an Epiphone Viola; looks very similar to this, except more tobacco-bursty and semi-hollow construction.

Unfortunately, she never took to the bass, but has become a dang good rhythm guitarist—albeit with some weird chord fingerings…the Viola hangs on the wall whenever someone wants to play bass.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
They want $500 CDN on this side of the line, so I’m safe for now. My new rule is No Guitars That Cost More Than A Tank Of Gas. Of course, every day, there are more guitars that fit that description…

Oh, and congrats! That looks awesome!

FenderGyrl

Poster Extraordinaire
Are you SURE it's a solid body? I can't recall ever seeing a solid body violin shape - except for the Gibson EB-1...
After breaking it down for a set up, it is only a Semi Hollow. Its heavy, had a really thick piece of wood running thru the middle.

FenderGyrl

Poster Extraordinaire
They want $500 CDN on this side of the line, so I’m safe for now. My new rule is No Guitars That Cost More Than A Tank Of Gas. Of course, every day, there are more guitars that fit that description…

Oh, and congrats! That looks awesome!
Oh my...
The switches started crapping out. One stripped out and fell into the control cavity. Then one of the Volume pots died.

I had to rip out the wiring. Cut a new control plate for Two Volume knobs only. Then mounted a 3 Way Toggle into the body. I'll wire it up over the week after work.

It plays really good. The pickups sound good. I also realized that it's not a short scale. Yeah...
FG

I'll post some pics of how its turning out.
FG

Last edited:

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
That’s a shame. Of course (for me, at least), all that really matters is that the bones are good. Hardware and electrical I can change all day long. I considered putting better switches and pots in my IYV, but never bothered, since the ones it came with are working fine. I only switched pickups because I can’t leave anything completely alone…