Ivette Young's new Ibanez "Telemaster" signature model

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
Greg Koch has been a great player for a long time, done a ton of stuff under the radar, so it's nice to see him get some due even if it took YouTube to make it happen.

I'm not familiar with the other two either
Greg isn't one of them, as I've known him for a long time, but I've discovered a LOT of really great musicians from IG, not just guitar players, but also vocalists, pianists, violin and cello players, horn and woodwind players too. It's the reason I joined IG

Opt_234

Tele-Meister
some things about yvette herself: she is incredible. she is beautiful and funny, but she is just an AMAZING guitar player. math rock and more virtuoso centric styles of guitar are usually sick measuring contests and "see how many notes i can play in weird time signatures". yvette can write great melodies and progressions and she seems to prioritize the SONG over technicality.

her tone is also really good

onto the guitar. i love the idea and the shape. it just looks ergonomic AF. my only issue is the color. I love the color, but it is HER color as far as im concerned. shes been rocking these sparkly ibanez for a while, playing one would feel like biting her style. if it came in something like....capri orange or shell pink or sherwood green or even white, im right on it

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
some things about yvette herself: she is incredible. she is beautiful and funny, but she is just an AMAZING guitar player. math rock and more virtuoso centric styles of guitar are usually sick measuring contests and "see how many notes i can play in weird time signatures". yvette can write great melodies and progressions and she seems to prioritize the SONG over technicality.

her tone is also really good

onto the guitar. i love the idea and the shape. it just looks ergonomic AF. my only issue is the color. I love the color, but it is HER color as far as im concerned. shes been rocking these sparkly ibanez for a while, playing one would feel like biting her style. if it came in something like....capri orange or shell pink or sherwood green or even white, im right on it

I've been liking sparkly guitars since before she was born, so I feel like I could play that dreamsicle and not be biting her style.

pi

Tele-Meister
It's a lie though. She plugs the guitar into that tiny little amp (or is it a Nintendo GameCube?) and it sounds like that? FO. Where's the pedal board? It might even just be the one effects pedal, I'm not sure. But the dishonesty just rubs me the wrong way entirely.

Those tones are totally achievable with the Vox Mini amp (which is what she's playing there).

They probably doctored it with a better recording, but it's not implausible.

Theorage

Tele-Meister
I find the body of the Talman is super comfortable. I enjoy everything about this series (since the 90s) EXCEPT for the narrow neck/nut like Yvette's model here: 41 mm.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Yeah, I like that. Then again, I got a Squier Super Sonic this year, which is at least as funky and weird as that. What's the weird tuning that it comes set up for?