1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I've Never ......

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by brookdalebill, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Looked the other way; turned a cheek yes, but never let a true injustice to another slide, if in my power to correct, adjust, admonish.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Holler when you get here!
    I am not much of a drinker, and I have a healthy fear of homemade distilled spirits.
    I'm already pretty blind, and I don't want to make it official!:rolleyes:

4pickupguy and boris bubbanov like this.
  3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yeah, the attribution was inappropriate.

About making the same money, I don't necessarily agree. At least at one time, there were people buying recordings based on whether the people did or did not do their own writing, singing, arranging, producing. I knew record buyers who, realizing they could not buy everyone's records, established "rules" as to what they did buy. Maybe they bought Tom Rush or Todd Rundgren because they sidestepped the Label nonsense or they didn't want records full of studio people (as good as Leland Sklar or Carol Kaye might be) or they only bought records from those who wrote most or all the songs they recorded. I can see an impressionable young person buying the record after reading the information on the album - I miss all that information they used to give the reader, and if the record shop had Shop Copies I wanted to read all the stuff contained on the insides as well.

4. boris bubbanov

I've never held a gun IN a church.

Ought to be one or the other, no?

:^)

OlRedNeckHippy likes this.
  5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Not to get into gun trouble on this forum, but ... I've never handled serpents in a church, but I'd curious and would like to witness!

brookdalebill likes this.
  6. boris bubbanov

Serpents should always be kept outside, never indoors.

I don't handle serpents, and I don't offer them advice as to how to dress - or any of that. :^)

7. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

My one and only helicopter ride was during my one and only trip to South America, and we landed on a soccer field surrounded by local army troops brandishing automatic rifles. Almost 20 years ago.

I wish I could tell a more interesting story about it, but, among other things, we were negotiating about who could eat in the company canteen. It was a business trip. Sometimes, I negotiate stuff for companies.

All in all, though, it was a pretty amazing trip for a small town kid.

Many, many moons ago, consumed a few of the controlled substances, mostly the kind that grow as plants or some kind of flora. Don’t recommend it as required. It was of an exploratory time.

I never played for more than 150 or so people. Even that might be a stretch – although I’ve had a few wedding gigs. Never kept the stats – no reason to.

Never been to Iceland, Finland, Thailand, Scotland, Ireland, Switzerland, Swaziland - haven’t actually counted all the –land lands where I’ve never been. (How many –land lands are there?) I’ve only seen a lot of North America and parts of England, France, Eastern Europe and the Middle East. No Africa, no Asia. Yet.

Have not jumped from a plane. Or a train, for that matter.

Had a student pedal steel for a while (Sho-bud Maverick); never learned to play it. Sold it.

8. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

I read once a bunch of stuff transforms into serpents when doors are locked and no one is in there... [emoji83]

9. Mrbob135

Mrbob135 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've skied, both water and downhill; sky dived twice; travelled a good portion of this amazing world; won a fight; lost a fight (I recommend winning); rode a horse; been divorced; been arrested and the other way around; been inside lots of jails, but never been in jail. Things I've never done but want to...well, I haven't met Jennifer Aniston yet :)

10. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

I've done all those but yodeled, and I don't think anyone would want to hear me try that one.:cool:
    But I haven't:
    • sky dived
    • hang glided
    • bungee jumped
    Yeah, there's a pattern there. I think it's called acrophobia ;)

But I have:
    • stood at the rim of the Grand Canyon
    • been on the observation deck of the Empire State Building
    Can't say I was comfortable though...

11. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I've never owned a Baby's arm holding an apple, or a Winnebago.

12. brookdalebill

Owned a Hiwatt
    Written a riff rock tune
    Had a hit
    Played a digeridoo
    Been in a drum circle
    Seen my very favorite artists (James Taylor, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, Jim Messina) perform

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. Sooper8

Sooper8 Tele-Holic

Never been to the USA
    Never read the books or seen the Harry Potter films
    Never been attacked by an emu
    Never typed one of these lists before

14. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Never killed a man just to watch him die. There was always a legitimate reason.

15. boris bubbanov

Absolutely not!

Every guy had good hair, in that band.

When other things went wrong (often), at least we could shake our hair!

:^)

16. brookdalebill

My dear friend, and drummer of the Audrey Malone Band, Matthew wears a kufi all the time.
    He's got great hair, he just digs it.
    I'm the bald cap type.

17. brookdalebill

Been South of Progreso, Mexico
    Been North of Yellowknife, NWT
    East of Paris, France
    West of Lompoc, Califonia
    Ran a marathon
    Owned a yellow guitar
    Owned a guitar with a Floyd Rose
    Owned an acoustic 12 string guitar

18. Henry

Henry Tele-Holic

Been to the Americas.
    Been everywhere else but am afraid of the Paris syndrome.
    I have an invitation to a wedding next year in Jackson Hole but am conflicted...
    How on earth would I attend that wedding and get to have beer with the entire TDPRI?
    Wouldn't think of doing anything less.
    I'll never get to the Americas.

19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Paris syndrome: (French: Syndrome de Paris, Japanese: パリ症候群, Pari shōkōgun) is a transient mental disorder exhibited by some individuals when visiting or vacationing to Paris, as a result of extreme shock resulting from their finding out that Paris is not what they had expected it to be. It is characterized by a number of psychiatric symptoms such as acute delusional states, hallucinations, feelings of persecution (perceptions of being a victim of prejudice, aggression, or hostility from others), derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, and also psychosomatic manifestations such as dizziness, tachycardia, sweating, and others, such as vomiting.[1] Similar syndromes include Jerusalem syndrome and Stendhal syndrome. The condition is commonly viewed as a severe form of culture shock. It is particularly noted among Japanese travelers.

That's a new one on me!

20. boris bubbanov

The continent of North America, and the people on it, are two different things. You probably need four vacations, one for the people and three for all the natural wonders.

When I was young, I was frustrated that I could not attend every party in New Orleans and meet every girl who came to visit the town, and just make friends with everyone. There's just too much of it; so, you should come on ahead and see this magnificent land and keep in touch with us via TDPRI only. I think it is the only way you can reach everyone; the only way you can avoid playing favorites.

I think this was part of why modern music and performing before thousands made so much sense for a growing America - you could interact with far more people than you could "hang out" with. I'm not saying sitting down to dinner with 1-2 people or having a couple beers with them is obsolete - I'm just saying there's alternatives.

Henry likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.