It's time to retire Stevie.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
I kinda always thought she is largely overrated considering the endless props she tends to get. She was very good in the day, though, and cute (s-ex-y!!!) as a button. Gotta say, though, I was and am disgusted by the cold-smoking treatment Buckingham got from the entire band when they tossed him. He may well be an a-hole to deal with—I mean, what do I know—but come on. I though it was kind of d*** move by Mike Campbell and the Crowded House guy to sweep in too. I mean, talk about getting the shaft! Say what you will about Buckingham, but his inventive songwriting, playing, and singing were by far the most interesting things about post-Green Fleetwood Mac. He really is a very unique guitarist, and he of course is the entire reason Nicks ever got in the band, at least from what I have read. I am not saying she doesn’t deserve her fame and success, but damn, the man really helped set her up to succeed in a big way. And like others have noted, Christine’s ethereal voice never got the props it deserved as a welcome flavor to counter the Stevie thing. Yeah, since the nixing (or “Nicksing”) of poor Lyndsey, I really feel a flux of animosity whenever I see Stevie nowadays. Harsh!
Dont blame Campbell or Finn. A gig’s a gig.

Bobbyoso

TDPRI Member
Not to pile on, or hate, but having seen FM in '77 (Folsom Stadium, Boulder CO), even then you couldn't have autotuned her enough to be singing on key. Even as a kid, I was embarrassed for her. Maybe drugs, bad monitors, whatever, but she really was ummm suboptimal that afternoon, to put it gently.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Funny reading posts from folks who don't sing, rip on someone who made a career, you know, actually singing. Good work!

Mindthebull

Tele-Meister
The early albums don’t lie. Long before the days of auto tune Stevie had a powerhouse of a voice. I will take a voice with that character any day.