It's time to retire Stevie.

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Holic
I will admit that cocaine played a huge part in why Stevie Nicks voice got deeper and more throaty with age, but I don't think she should retire. I still look up to Fleetwood Mac.

As for Lindsey, he is only 72 but still plays guitar and sings like a ************ (though Lindsey's voice has gotten deeper due to his voice being damaged after having heart surgery a few years ago).

Christine has admitted that Fleetwood Mac should stop touring, as she is 78 (will be 79 on July 12) and she has had back pain. Christine is a great vocalist, but drugs and tobacco have taken its toll on her voice too, and it also doesn't help that Christine was very reclusive for many years due to her fear of flying (which is why she moved to England following the Dance concert in 1997).

On the other hand, does anybody else listen to the earlier Fleetwood Mac albums? Heroes Are Hard To Find and Mystery To Me are both pretty good.

Powdog

Tele-Meister
I guess if your old and your talent has long abandoned you but you still insist on performing live and people are glad to pay and don’t care how awful you sound, well…power to you. I understand the love of performing and making music. But if you really don’t know how bad you sound, or worse, don’t care how bad you sound and still get up there and take peoples money, shame on you. Stevie is starting to sound like a tone deaf Ted Cassidy.
I will admit that cocaine played a huge part in why Stevie Nicks voice got deeper and more throaty with age, but I don't think she should retire. I still look up to Fleetwood Mac.

As for Lindsey, he is only 72 but still plays guitar and sings like a ************ (though Lindsey's voice has gotten deeper due to his voice being damaged after having heart surgery a few years ago).

Christine has admitted that Fleetwood Mac should stop touring, as she is 78 (will be 79 on July 12) and she has had back pain. Christine is a great vocalist, but drugs and tobacco have taken its toll on her voice too, and it also doesn't help that Christine was very reclusive for many years due to her fear of flying (which is why she moved to England following the Dance concert in 1997).

On the other hand, does anybody else listen to the earlier Fleetwood Mac albums? Heroes Are Hard To Find and Mystery To Me are both pretty good.
Bob Welch was the most underrated and under appreciated guitar player FM ever had.

SnidelyWhiplash

Friend of Leo's
I guess if your old and your talent has long abandoned you but you still insist on performing live and people are glad to pay and don’t care how awful you sound, well…power to you. I understand the love of performing and making music. But if you really don’t know how bad you sound, or worse, don’t care how bad you sound and still get up there and take peoples money, shame on you. Stevie is starting to sound like a tone deaf Ted Cassidy.

Bob Welch was the most underrated and under appreciated guitar player FM ever had.

I like BW, but love Danny. He had huge shoes to fill when Peter left & quickly became their main songwriter & muse. Bare Trees & Future Games are both amazing albums. :cool:

loudboy

Tele-Afflicted
I'd like to know how you get guitars to tune down so low and still be playable. Most of the classic rock acts are at least a whole step, if not more.