It's time to retire Stevie.

rave

Tele-Holic
It really is sad, I have watched a bunch of concerts on youtube where the vocals have been sub par. Bon Jovi, Whitesnack, Motley, Kiss, REO Chuckwagon, Poison and even a Starship where for the longest time Mickey was doing great.

It is hard to watch some of these show, especially since the playing is usually still great.

Exceptions I have seen are Styx and Loverboy, where the vocals have been very good

I used to be sort of opposed to bad where the original singer was gone, but honestly now, if someone loves foreigner or journey and is ok with a new singer, I say enjoy the evening.

FSRCustomTeleHHGT

Tele-Meister
Me too. And in her earlier years, many people called her "Perfect."
Yeah, well she was born Anne Christine Perfect. It had nothing whatsoever to do with her okay but not stellar vocals.

As for Stevie, she's been Grammy nominated 5 times for her vocals. McVie? Not once (though both have nominations in other categories including duo or group). I'll take Stevie's pre-2020 vocals over McVie's on any day of the week that ends in "Y."

And I'm sure we can all agree that there are dozens of acts still touring that should have retired a long time ago.

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
Yeah, well she was born Anne Christine Perfect. It had nothing whatsoever to do with her okay but not stellar vocals.

As for Stevie, she's been Grammy nominated 5 times for her vocals. McVie? Not once (though both have nominations in other categories including duo or group). I'll take Stevie's pre-2020 vocals over McVie's on any day that ends in "Y."
Yeah, I was just injecting a little pun humor there. No need to get in a twist or anything.

But regardless of her name, I always just liked Christine‘s music and voice better.

You seem to have a different opinion. That’s great.

In any case, Grammy nominations don’t really mean much, to me anyway.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I didnt listen to all of it, but, it sounded like her.
Nancy Wilson is still touring I think and Joan Jett.
I usually listen to music and melody with bands
and if the singer is good then thats alright if not ok.
Glad some old musicians still hanging.

sax4blues

Poster Extraordinaire
I think it’s great people are able to do what they want even if someone disapproves. Personally I can barely tolerate music I’ve heard for 30-40-50+ years. I have to see new acts, or at least an act which is new to me.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

As for Stevie, she's been Grammy nominated 5 times for her vocals. McVie? Not once (though both have nominations in other categories including duo or group). I'll take Stevie's pre-2020 vocals over McVie's on any day of the week that ends in "Y."

And I'm sure we can all agree that there are dozens of acts still touring that should have retired a long time ago.
A Grammy nomination has never been an indicator of… well, anything, really.

Personally, I think they’re both excellent vocalists, but I was never a big fan of either, musically speaking. My beef with Stevie is mostly that, given my age, I had to hit adulthood surrounded by a boatload of female contemporaries trying to imitate (with varying degrees of success) Nicks’ cheezy faux-gypsy fashion style. Sheesh.