Its the little things...

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
I played golf yesterday. I play at least 9 holes of golf once a week usually and not for the exercise although I try to do a little of that while I am on the course.

I have always been a hacker who was more concerned with the cart that brings you drink and food than actually playing good golf. But lately I have been on this self examination as to why I don't play better golf. Of course you need to practice, as practice makes perfect. But I do not plan to play on the PGA tour anytime soon so I am not going to hit a 1000 balls a day. But I did decide to work on my putting and my short game and put some emphasis on it.

While practicing putting the other day at home I pulled out an old putter that I have had for as long as I can remember. It might be as old as I am.

1652795521608.png

I am not sure if this might have been in my Dad's golf bag and I stole it from him. Anyway it has sat in my putter collection gathering dust for years. The other day I pulled it out and it just rolled the ball so well I stuck it in the bag. This old Knight In-Sync putter replaced my high priced Ping and Odyssey putters that I usually play with.

Yesterday I rolled in two long putts for birdie on my way to shooting a 42 on the back nine of a really tough course.

At the end of the round one of the guys asked about the putter and where I got it from as he was interested in getting one after witnessing my putting prowess. We pulled up Ebay and saw one was going for less than $20. He wrinkled his nose and said, "you beat me with a $20 putter?"

I just replied, "yep".

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I played golf yesterday. I play at least 9 holes of golf once a week usually and not for the exercise although I try to do a little of that while I am on the course.

I have always been a hacker who was more concerned with the cart that brings you drink and food than actually playing good golf. But lately I have been on this self examination as to why I don't play better golf. Of course you need to practice, as practice makes perfect. But I do not plan to play on the PGA tour anytime soon so I am not going to hit a 1000 balls a day. But I did decide to work on my putting and my short game and put some emphasis on it.

While practicing putting the other day at home I pulled out an old putter that I have had for as long as I can remember. It might be as old as I am.

View attachment 984320

I am not sure if this might have been in my Dad's golf bag and I stole it from him. Anyway it has sat in my putter collection gathering dust for years. The other day I pulled it out and it just rolled the ball so well I stuck it in the bag. This old Knight In-Sync putter replaced my high priced Ping and Odyssey putters that I usually play with.

Yesterday I rolled in two long putts for birdie on my way to shooting a 42 on the back nine of a really tough course.

At the end of the round one of the guys asked about the putter and where I got it from as he was interested in getting one after witnessing my putting prowess. We pulled up Ebay and saw one was going for less than $20. He wrinkled his nose and said, "you beat me with a $20 putter?"

I just replied, "yep".

I taught my wife to play in the early '80s. She wanted a good putter, so I took her to the pro shop and told her to pick out any putter she liked. She chose a Ping ($150 in today's dollars). I thought, "Fine, when she gets tired of golf, I'll have a new putter" . . . The next day, while I was at work, she took it back and had the shaft cut down to fit her. I had to buy my own Ping.

Last edited:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

View attachment 984320

I just replied, "yep".
Obviously, another example of it's the hands of the player and not the ax (guitar or putter) itself that makes the difference. ;););)

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I gave up on golf long ago, sort of a mercy killing thing. I was shooting in the low 80s, but that was for 9-hole outings.

Back then I took my youngest son with me occasionally. About his third time out he made his first hole in one. He was 12, and the golf bug bit him. Yesterday he passed his "PAT", whatever that is, at the golf course where he works.