It's official! I'm a real-life P&W musician now.

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by christhee68, Oct 14, 2014.

1. bawdyli'lmonkey

bawdyli'lmonkey Tele-Holic

[​IMG]

2. bikeracr

bikeracr Tele-Meister

Don't forget that those delays need to be Strymon...in fact you need at least two different Strymon pedals to be legit.

3. EddieLocrian

EddieLocrian Tele-Afflicted

Dusenberg exception - You cant enforce that at the moment due to Embankment station temporarily closed on the Northern Line. Try the Wandsworth inversion into Piccadilly.

Eddie.

4. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Well dang. I forgot to read Leviticus 54 where it says that.

I guess I am out!

5. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Former Member

Man I wonder if I will get in Heaven. When I am not playing bass, are my LP or TELE. I play acoustic and forgive me everyone, it is a Epiphone Masterbilt 500ME something. And I like it real well also here it comes please for give me, I use it without pedal's. I use just the Fender acoustic amp the church has, and I am not even sure what it is. They have 2 just a like on the stage. I did not know I was in guitar sin, I know I will blame it on the worship leader for not paying attention to me, yea that's it that's the ticket.

6. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

My acoustic is custom built, I don't wear skinny jeans or plaid flannel or Converse, I only have a goatee because my wife won't let me shave it and I am physically incapable of growing a full beard (which makes me a hypocrite?), I only have a faux-hawk (if you can even call it that) for the first week after I get my hair cut (which happens once every month and a half or so), I don't use Strymon, JHS, Greer, or Emerson, I will have a VOX amp but not an AC30/15/4....but I do play a Tele, so maybe there is hope for me yet? Do I get bonus points for the Bigsby?

7. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

Only 3 different tube screamers? Man, I was thinking a minimum of 8...

8. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah but each one sounds totally different... especially the $300+ ones.... ;)

9. acoustic rob

acoustic rob Tele-Holic

Mornington Crescent!

(sorry)

10. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Former Member

I have Goatee cause my wife won't let me shave, I can grow a full beard but she hate that. I have a tele a American Special but I am saving my pennys. I sort of like to put a Bigsby on it. I am to big for skinny jeans, I have a knee that needs replace so I sit on a stool playing guitar are bass. We are not allowed to wear shorts on stage. And the only reason I have my Rivera my wife without me knowing it saved and saved, and got it for my birthday. I can't even think about stuff like strymon and such. And I thought I was going to get Hung when I said if I had the money I rather have a Martin then a Taylor, really I like my Epiphone Masterbilt. Dude the secret is called practice practice and let the Holy Spirit Lead you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  11. christhee68

christhee68 Friend of Leo's

Thread resurrection alert!

I was just reading through my NGD post here from a couple of years ago and noticed that I promised a review of the guitar's plugged-in performance.

Here you go--It sounds great. Very realistic. Our acoustic player got offended by the pastor's homily one day and quit the band (and the church) so I switched from playing my Tele to playing acoustic full time and have done so for about 9 months. Now our band is pretty stripped-down with bass, drums, and acoustic guitar (and sometimes piano).

I also have a Martin X-Series that I play sometimes, and the Fishman electronics in that seem to sound "bigger" but not necessarily better or more realistic.

In summary, the Taylor 314ce is the perfect praise band tool for me. It sounds great plugged in and is a joy to play in church and at home. It feels great and sounds great plugged in and unplugged.

Here's a pic of it resting before tearing into another rip-roaring, foot-stomping Catholic contemporary mass:

[​IMG]

southpaw pete likes this.
  12. PastorJay

PastorJay Tele-Afflicted

Since my main acoustic these days is a Martin HD 28V am I only allowed to play on country music Sundays?

I do own an Ovation (made in 1980 I think; it was cheap when the models with both a volume AND a tone control came out in 1981). And that was cool once.

But it was long ago. And I am way too old these days to be cool. Now I just want to sound good and lead people into worship.

Hopefully I can do that without a Taylor or without a Strymon in the effects loop of my Vox amp. Especially because I don't even know if a Vox amp HAS an effects loop.

13. PastorJay

PastorJay Tele-Afflicted

In all seriousness, if all we played was recent CCM and P & W songs, I probably would have bought a Taylor instead of the Martin when my wife insisted I buy myself a guitar for Christmas. But that's only about half of our repertoire. The rest is all over the map in terms of musical style or tradition.

I A-B'd so many guitars I can't count them, and eventually narrowed it down to Martins because that's how I think acoustic guitars are supposed to sound. Then I bought the HD 28V from a friend who had it sitting unused in his closet.

Of course I never played a Collings, which might have changed my mind.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.