Its not every day you have a Nashville pro hang with you all day.. Pedal Steel guitar content!

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
At least not for me!

Met Randy Hess about 3 years ago through a mutual friend, He's a monster steel player, Who played the Opry with Tom T Hall decades ago, He's toured off and on with Trace Adkins for almost a decade (including a show at the Ryman less than 2 weeks ago)
He's shared a stage with Blake Shelton a few times, Pam Tillis and countless others I'm forgetting..

Anyway, our mutual friend told him about the mid 50's Fender Pedal Steel my Father gave me years ago, and he said he'd love to play it sometime.

Well, damned if he didn't show up to play it!

This was something I really wanted to do for my old man, He quit playing decades ago, and being the only musician amongst his kids, he handed it off to me... I can't play anything musical on it.. But Randy sure can!
He played it for over 3 hours... And I filmed most of it.

It made my Dad's day/week... hell maybe year!

I know he enjoyed seeing it sing again!

Last edited:

Glen W

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Sounds great...so cool! And in front of at least one screaming fan.

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
Sounds great...so cool! And in front of at least one screaming fan.
LOL... Very true..

I also screwed up a bunch of them, by singing along... with my horrible voice, completely forgetting that the phone I was recording with...was less than a foot or so from my fat mouth. :lol:

Last edited:

bowman

Friend of Leo's
Nice! Pedal steel is an entirely different world from any other instrument. Nothing else sounds quite like it, and nothing else makes me feel the same when I hear it.

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
It just keeps getting better... I guess he must enjoy my company, cause I know he's not hanging out with me for my musical prowess lol.

He came by, set up his steel, and played on a few of my tracks, we were going at it for over 8 hours.
His parts are dead perfect right out the gate, If I clean up some of my slop... I'll post it up.

Just an incredible experience for someone like me, to play with a guy of this caliber.
He is incredibly humble, and talented... And I'm just grateful for the time I get to hang out with him!!

Attachments

• Randy b-day.jpg
    Randy b-day.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 3