Its Friday! Weekend Plans? Bad Dog Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Sep 20, 2019.

1. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

On the bench/to do this weekend . . .
    I am running out of time on these builds, even though the time frame is self imposed, I must finish the Explorer by Friday so I can haul it to my niece in California via a meet up in Vegas.
    IMG_7707.JPG

I have a soft spot for kids who want to learn to play. I must finish the neck and assemble this one by Tuesday:
    IMG_7527.JPG

and lastly before Oct 6 I must finish this one: just need to make a nut and set it up.
    IMG_7619.JPG

Sucks to hear about Paul. Prayer for his family.

24 track, Kebmel, Shuster and 9 others like this.
  2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Another global warming post! YAY!!!!

3. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Playing at a revival the next two nights. I've gotten to play somewhere every night this week. Some of the rust is coming off. :lol:

Shuster, Wallo Tweed, puddin and 2 others like this.
  4. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

deleted by poster

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  5. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Saturday will be working in the garden. We're going to 'dog-proof' it so Tufnell can be let out to run around without escaping to worry the sheep. Sunday is a family meet up as it was my birthday on Monday (59 :eek:) so we're celebrating.

Kebmel, puddin, FenderGyrl and 2 others like this.
  6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I want to spend time with my younger daughter. She's been feeling sad. She was away for a year and now she's in her final year of highschool but she doesn't know any of her classmates. There's also the shock of her having to do math and physics etc... after goofing off for a year! I try to help her with the math, but I'm rusty.

7. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

Iron-Maiden.jpeg

Kebmel, Shuster, puddin and 3 others like this.
  8. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

And if we all stated our opinions on global warming here, this thread would be awesome.

9. BigDaddyLH

Why yes, glow balls are awesome!

[​IMG]

10. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

As soon as I finish work today, I'm going to hand the wife $20 and say feed yourself and the child. Then, Im going to bed.

11. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

Tell you what, friend...I deleted my posts. How's that?
    The OP used a reverse role to comment on the "things" that I responded to.
    Guess I'll go back to just posting pictures of mushrooms, birds and Telecasters.

12. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

I'm looking forward to this weekend. After more than 12 years of working in Houston and traveling to Austin for the weekends, Mrs T and I have found a place in my favorite 'hood in Houston. Sold the place in Austin and now we're just tenants. Feels good to not have some household project waiting for me in Austin. Sure, I'll miss Keep-it-weirdsville, but time moves on.

the new digs have a spare room that will serve as my music room. That's going to be some kind of fun. When I had just a tiny apartment here, the whole apartment was a "music" room, but this will actually be more room for working projects.

More or less dodged any problems with the latest storm. Reminded me of why I have a truck though. On my drive home last night, there must have been twenty or thirty cars parked up on medians or curbs, trying to get out of high water. It looks a little weird when the high water has already passed, but when water is coming in through the floorboards, it's no wayno.

High water can be a real engine killer, particularly for the low to the ground vehicles. There are limits, of course, but with a truck, you can wade through a lot of road ponds that would kill smaller cars.

anyhow, I'm here for the guitars. and the amps. And this weekend, I intend to plug into my BF Tremolux, with no particular place to go.

13. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Meister

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Preppin' to head out to the mountains....we rented a weekend lux log cabin for my mother-in-law's 75th birthday …..looking to just get away from the daily madness. My MIL is cool, my FIL, well, we have our differences....LOL

puddin, rcole_sooner and FenderGyrl like this.
  14. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

I think the OP has plenty to think about and I'm on board. This is a good weekend for thinkin' and thankin'. You figure out how to shake four billion extra fleas off this planet quickly enough, let us know.

15. BigDaddyLH

Also...

[​IMG]

Kebmel, idjster, Big_Bend and 3 others like this.
  16. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

4 soccer games. 2 to coach, 2 to watch.
    A rug to clean that's going in my office. It's been wrapped up since we moved 9 years ago.
    A deck to rebuild.
    My wife wants to see the Downton Abbey movie. Might try it as the daughter is old enough to babysit the younger son.
    A lawn to mow.
    Liberace needs attention.
    Physical Therapy for my right foot, which I can do at home.

So not much, really.

idjster, FenderGyrl and RetroTeleRod like this.
  17. javiersson

javiersson TDPRI Member

Practice my jazz skills instead of having siesta, focusing on Charlie Christian. Then seeing old friends on Sunday. But mainly spending time with my family!

FenderGyrl and RetroTeleRod like this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

My daughter is working on getting a degree that will be used as leverage to a higher position at her work place. It was handy having a son who is both a professional engineer and holds a degree in physics when she hit snags on the math part. She's over a third of the way through, and has already received a promotion that allows her to remain home and not be out on the road all of the time. She had gone to a two year college, but the degree will take her to a new level as far as her job goes when she finishes it.

19. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Tonight's the first night of the year to call family bingo @ the k-8 where my daughter attended before high school and college.
    Four games, followed by a half-time break to choose "joke of the night" submitted by the kids (4 prizes - usually a slice of pizza).
    Then another four games with jokes borrowed from this very forum.
    I think that's a green bowler-hat I'm wearing, so that must have been shot on St Pat's last year.

Honor Paul by living your lives fully.

Peace - Deeve
    B21-2019.jpg Non-stop dad-jokes

20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I was just about exhausted from our week of whirlwind of activity while our folks were visiting from Arkansas, if nothing comes up, (it usually does) I'm gonna lay low this weekend and get rested up.

idjster, Obsessed and FenderGyrl like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.