1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

It's difficult not to hate thieves

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Jan 27, 2017.

1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Should we start chopping off the hands of thieves?

2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I dislike the actual act of theft and take great satisfaction for some one being called to task for their actions legally, I dont condone vigillante activities to deal with these issues , and I know many will dissagree with me , I have more than one friend that is a color wearing member of a two wheel transit club, and although the reputation precedes them I have seen some of the best restraint in dealing with said issues, from the members.

I have maintained my studio and have declined any opportunity to accquire stolen items , I have no aspirations to posess and/or be in possession of some one elses property. I probably would turn it in so the rightful owner would get it back.
    having said this people who have drug issues are not them selves and will seek any way they can to survive , I have no answers for them none, but in my opinion they should not visit their issues on good people. I hope your friends get their possessions back soon.

3. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Gee whiz big daddy.. then how would all those wall st bankers button up their Armani suits?...:lol:

4. cmclayton101

cmclayton101 Tele-Meister

This is just terrible! !!! I hope by some miracle, she gets that guitar back! Everything else are just things!! Im sorry but Im from Brooklyn and that guy's a real SOB and more vile words I wont use here. I always say Karma's a ***** and no doubt she is!!!!! Be safe.

JayFreddy likes this.
  5. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

There is only one way to deal with thieves:

¨

memorex and AngelDeville like this.
  6. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

That thief has got some front, introducing himself to you before breaking into the car. I'm guessing he has some issues, with that MO.

7. Henry

Henry Tele-Holic

I don't have much hate anymore, was it Stubee who remarked on how much it burns you up? I'd rather not offer an opinion on the course of retribution but I probably agree with BigDaddyLH and We3tie pretty well but hell, the idea of a guitar out of thin air for the young victim from a bunch of strangers appeals to me like no one could explain. The postage will kill me but anything I can add to the partscaster will be on its way tout sweet.

8. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

We could but if we do give me some advance notice so I can sell my Isotoner stock will ya'? ;)

9. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Off with his hand...

10. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

That might be a little harsh for a first time offender. Start out with a little pinky, that would definitely complicate their tire iron skills.

11. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I don't know how many pawnshops you have around there, but they may be worth checking out. Thief may have sold it for money to buy recreational pharmaceuticals, doubtful he's gigging that thing anywhere. Pawnshop owners often take some form of ID before payment, so there's that as well.

Also, if you have one of those local "mugshot" websites, that may be worth a look. The guy who gave him the tire iron might recognize his face if he got busted.

Finally, maybe its up for sale on craigslist? You could even put an ad up as "wanting to buy" that specific guitar, and see if you get a response.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  12. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I'm not so in favor of the head severing stuff, but cutting off thieves' hands doesn't really bother me a lot. And when they run out of hands, we can go with the feet next.

KyAnne likes this.
  13. dmarcus30

dmarcus30 Tele-Holic

Study after study show that most criminals live that way because they are lazy, most need drugs, and they ENJOY taking what others have worked for. They don't do this reluctantly or out of "necessity" to survive.

One of my best friends had his house cleaned out of his vintage gear, his PA, his computers, CDs, anything that wasn't nailed down.
    That was 2 years ago and he has yet to afford full replacement of the stuff could be replaced.
    I don't know if he'll ever get over the shock, anger, and sense of violation.

So...yeah. Thieves suck.

flathd likes this.
  14. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, thieves are lazy and they suck,

I've been ripped off several times, guitars, gear, boat motor, coke machine, but this one is really disgusting...

My mother was shopping at a Macy's Dept. store, and a thief stole her cane out of the dressing room. She saw a woman exit the dressing room at a brisk pace with an extra long shopping bag. She's 85 and didn't have her cane, so she wasn't able to chase her, and that's probably a good thing. I told her she probably was looking for purses, and decided to steal the cane too. It doesn't get much lower than that, stealing from the elderly.

Yeah, I hate thieves.

Honest Charley likes this.
  15. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Afflicted

stealing is disgusting. But cutting someone's hand off is immoral

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.