1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

It's coming.............The Curse of Oak Island season 8!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Dismalhead, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

Lol. I watched it once. Snorefest

That Cal Webway likes this.
  2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I have a metal detector in garage I am going to break it out. I have more time now.

Looks like they are doing a couple more series. Different places. Sort of like that Josh guy on tv

That Cal Webway and Dismalhead like this.
  3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Sorry, I never was onboard with this show.
    It is difficult for me to believe Pirates buried Treasue so deep that one would need 21st Century Mining equipment to find it.

Swampash&Tweed and Uncle Bob like this.
  4. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Tele-Holic

Yes but will you be a "metal detection expert" like they title that one doofus on the show?

uriah1 likes this.
  5. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

Yep, no question the show is footing the bill. I remember reading about the money pit when I was in 6th grade and being completely intrigued by the story. I love the show, but my patience is being sorely tested. If they'd just turn Gary Drayton loose, they'd probably have 3 times as many buttons and coins as they do now, and he wouldn't have to dig any holes deeper than about 12 inches. To be honest, it is the potential historical ramifications that keep me watching. The search has the potential to re-write a chunk of history as we know it

I think there was treasure there, but I think it is long gone, and I think that the money pit was an intentional diversion meant to lure searchers away from the actual treasure site. Who would rig their stash with traps that would make it impossible for even themselves to retrieve the treasure if someone tripped them? It's pretty clear that Europeans (and very likely Templars) were on the island by about 1100-1200 AD, which coincides with the crusades, and I find that fascinating.

uriah1 and Dismalhead like this.
  6. electrichead

electrichead Tele-Meister

The main problem is that Bigfoot and Space aliens have already found the treasure..

Oh and Jimmy Hoffa is buried there somewhere..

It will get really good when they bring in Geraldo Rivera to get to the bottom of this mystery...

That's also the island DB cooper stashed all his money.
    Why is no one looking for that?

That Cal Webway likes this.
  7. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Afflicted

Any treasure hunter worth half their salt would've understood that the treasure is either lost or never going to be found after so many well financed efforts. That they're still sticking around tell me that they're either bad at treasure hunting or more interested in being on TV than actually finding treasure. Both options aren't exactly what I feel like watching.

That said... I hope they find something cool and then sell it to a museum. I like a world with hidden treasures far more than one without.

8. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    It sucked me in for about 19 minutes the other night.

They were tickled that they found something in the SPOILS pile.

Wonder what else they may have missed.

For all of their pretending, they are not very good “archeologists “.

uriah1 and That Cal Webway like this.
  9. 68tele

68tele Friend of Leo's

The "treasure" is the show: cheap to produce + still inexplicably popular = booty

uriah1 and CapnCrunch like this.
  10. CapnCrunch

Hit the nail on the head. I don't watch the show in real time anymore. I DVR it, and then fast forward through repetition and all the ads. You can watch the hour long show in about 25 minutes that way. Although, I don't know how cheap it is to produce the cost of sinking those 60 inch wide casings can't be cheap, and that floating excavator that can dig a 80 foot deep hole, pretty sure it wasn't free....... The equipment costs for the last couple years had to be astounding.

uriah1 likes this.
  11. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Nothing ever happens. It’s as goofy as the show where they looked for Bigfoot.

12. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Did they find him?

Was he named Daryl!

13. don

don Tele-Meister

I watch it but its about time to fish or cut bait. I mean if you know where the money pit is why are we digging all over the island? How the heck did prehistoric (haha) man create a booby trap for a treasure that modern man can't infiltrate? Make it happen guys !!!

That Cal Webway and Dismalhead like this.
  14. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Perhaps they'll find a 2L, or whatever it is in Canada-

of diet Mountain Dew® and a meth pipe

15. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Possible spoiler alert

At the end of the last season they were all talking about digging out the money pit. From the 1st episode of this new season, it does seem like they're farting around with other stuff a lot though. I do find the swamp interesting since it's been proven that people were doing stuff there 800 years ago, but I'm like "start digging the big hole guys." I'm thinking it might be a disappointing season because of the 'rona.

16. arlum

arlum Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

For reasons I'll never understand my wife won't miss a single episode. I figure the guy with the heavy equipment makes good money digging up stuff during the season and then spends the off season planting new stuff for the next season.

Uncle Bob, uriah1 and Dismalhead like this.
  17. Novatuc

Novatuc Tele-Meister

Being from Nova Scotia I like that this show has brought a lot of attention and tourist money to the province. Before Covid that is. Sorry to say it's mostly smoke and mirrors entertainment. There are many tales and rumors about Oak Island but if you talk to the locals off camera when they don't need to stir the pot for ratings. Yes there was something on the island and it disappeared about 70 years ago. No it was not history changing.

uriah1 likes this.
  18. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Please shoot me now.
    I want to like the show but it just drags on and on and on.....

Those two guys are having a great time doing their thing but, it just gets old watching a couple of privileged dudes play out their little fantasy.
    Heck we all played with trucks and bull dozers when we were kids. And I would still like to do it on an adult level but, who can afford that?

The show never gets anywhere and is thus boring as as can be.

19. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Ya I get dragged on. For only owning a little winery there are a lot of bucks in there. I think capital from other places. But ya they should just dig a meteorite hole and have a look see instead of the 8 footers.

20. CapnCrunch

Please ask the locals what was there, so we can all move onto other things.......

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.