1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

It's been almost 4 years with Ron Kirn "Crackgate" Telecaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Fogboundturtle, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Fogboundturtle

Fogboundturtle Tele-Meister

Original Thread:
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecast...nth-update-crackgate-ron-kirn-telecaster.html

It's been almost 4 years now since I first got my Ron Kirn Telecaster. Yes the guitar is holding together great and it still plays like a dream. To whomever thought the guitar would be unstable or the glue wouldn't hold up is 100% wrong. This guitar is as solid as any guitar I have ever own. I live in the PNW and the humidity can be high at time. This doesn't seem to have affected the guitar is any shape or form. When I take the guitar out of the case, most of the time, it's still in tune and ready to play.

Front picture
    [​IMG]

It's has been one of my favorites guitar since day 1. It has some hand wound HB pickup in the bridge that it very typical of a PAF pickup. Not too hot but just enough. It's not your typical Telecaster but when go through a custom builder if you are going to build it exactly like a factory fender.

If it wasn't for the poor canadian dollar value, I would not hesitate to order another Ron Kirn guitars.

Bigpernz likes this.
  2. JayJ

JayJ Tele-Afflicted

Oh man, I like that setup with the PAF.

3. jamieorc

jamieorc Tele-Holic

Excellent. But wait a minute, what are you doin with my amp?? (Great amps, aren't they?)

4. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

Very good looking, the grain is really nice.

5. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

Phew!!!!. . I can come back to the "States".... has the Subpoena been quashed?? :D

Great to hear . .

Ron

6. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

I'm getting old .... I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I sure remember this thread! I'm glad you're still enjoying it and that the naysayers ... are not!

7. darkwaters

darkwaters Friend of Leo's

My, that's pretty !

8. Fogboundturtle

Fogboundturtle Tele-Meister

You are safe ...as safe someone can be in Florida...

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Comrade, Burnaby is in the Pacific Southwest!

10. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Heh, heh... nice one!

Glad to get another look--I remember the original thread. I had an acoustic with cracks that should have ruined it, and it was OK (actually way more than OK), so no surprise that it's a non-issue with a Tele.

11. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

Beautiful Guitar! I love his work!

12. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Wow the grain on that is really nice. Can we just get a peak at that beautiful crack one more time? Great amp I agree, I just picked up a Classic 20 head, just love the tones coming out of that versatile little amp. It sucks they are made in China now but I can't argue with the build quality at the price. Got it for a backup but dang it sounds so good.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  13. Sean65

Sean65 Tele-Holic

Nice, I'm ready for a new Tele and would love to get one but the European import taxes are a joke. I recently bought a John Mann Tremolo from the States and it worked out quite expensive with shipping and taxes. I can only imagine what a guitar might cost.

We've got a few Euro builders but they can't bring their guitars to market at the price Ron can.

14. Bigpernz

Bigpernz Tele-Meister

Every pic I see of a Ron Kirn tele brings me a little closer to having a conversation with my wife about why I need a new Ron Kirn tele.

JGOCTO likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.