Yeah, I know, cheap shot, but hey, what can a poor boy do? I've been working at this on and off since roughly mid-October. I took 10 weeks worth of bass lessons, just for the fun of it, and even though I only scratched the surface, it gave me confidence in playing simple licks a bit more. I have an old Epiphone bass that I got from a former work colleague say about 10 years ago for the paltry sum of 90 euro. Still works, still using the same strings. But I felt I wanted something else. So I went into my stash of old and reclaimed wood and looked around. The idea is to keep it simple and natural, a slightly different design, and light. Also, very important, it needs to appeal to me. It all starts with gluing some wood together and cutting it to shape, roughly. Getting new toys for this helps a lot! Then, plane down the body to get rid of all that ugly paint: I like the colours of this so far! Route the shape a bit closer to the final product: And then do some 1/2" rounding top and bottom: I kept it rough anyway, as at this stage I started with the neck. But boy was that body heavy. Real heavy. Reason why I started with the neck, is that I needed the neck to be ready for the rest of the body. Same idea, use different wood contrasts. I really seem to have a thing for stripes... I glued the head at a 17 degree angle, routed the truss rod cavity, and managed to get a fretboard out of jarrah on top.