1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

It's 26° outside and I am COLD!! What's it like for you?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rjtwangs, Dec 1, 2020.

1. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Nope, you can do it, voice of experience here: Had a similar previous owner to yours on our last home and spent $100k+ over 15 years fixing his various shortcuts. This should probably be our final home, but if it's not... never buying used again.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/proj...s-cold-air-coming-through-electrical-outlets/

2. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

Highs near 40 F in south central Wisconsin this week. Not too bad.

3. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

41F for walkies this am, currently 45F and headed to 48F. Cold front came thru yesterday. Was in 70s and dropped 30 deg overnight. Should drop to freezing tonight.

I love the cold. I can always bundle up. In the heat, nekkid ain't enough.

I like to wear sweatshirts, no hood. Can't stand hoodies.

4. Richie Cunningham

Richie Cunningham Tele-Afflicted

28 F and cloudy.

5. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Afflicted

Sometimes I think my Google is broken, but I know it's user error.

Thank you!

6. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

378F6083-19A0-42C1-8E6F-5D849F1E6FE7.jpeg It’s a perfect autumn day on Long Island. Low 50’s early on to upper 50’s this afternoon. It’s clear and dry with a little moisture in the ground. It’s just right for dog walking. Just ask Tiberias.

DDickens and telestratosonic like this.
  7. slimpickins

slimpickins Tele-Meister

Started off the morning in my truck, thermometer read 14F and its currently 26F... The high is 47, that's fall in the midwest. I'd like summer back haha! In a month we'll be swearing at the weather!

telestratosonic likes this.
  8. DDickens

DDickens Tele-Meister

I was just thinking about Flagstaff! I’m an NAU grad and really love that town. It’s amazing how as you drive up into the forest, you can just blink and suddenly you’ve gone from shrub to ponderosa pine! The snow in Flag is the reason I refuse to ever own a pick up that’s not 4WD. I had to push mine uphill one too many times. Heck, I remember it snowing flurries one evening in early June! My neighbor, who had moved to AZ from Illinois to escape the cold, was unimpressed. He shook his fist at the sky. Still...not as cold as Illinois. And from my experience of living in Arkansas, the cold in Flag is intense, but it doesn’t live in your bones the way cold does in AR.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  9. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I did a correction here from last night's post.

-2C/28F right now at 8:40 AM Mountain Time. But windy. I put up the Christmas lights along the eaves yesterday. I have cup hooks screwed to the underside of the eave overhangs so it's just a matter of getting up on the 10'/3m stepladder and hanging them. Taking them down at the end of January is easy as well.

I'll be getting out later today to hang lights along the fence and on the hedge which separates my driveway from that of my next-door neighbor.

I turned on the lights before daylight. Two of the school buses that bring the students in from the surrounding farms go by our house. The small K-12 school is only a block or so away. It's just getting daylight at eight or so so I like to show a bit of Christmas spirit.

10. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

A beautiful sunny 19°F here this morning with 1" of snow overnight. Last day for the high to be over freezing for awhile.
    Gotta finish off the firewood splitting this week, so the guitar hands will need to recover next week.

11. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

It's just cold enough to snow a bit here in the Buffalo, NY area, but the ground is still warm enough to melt it. We'll see what kind of Winter that the lake (Erie) effect weather dumps on us.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.