It was almost 70 degrees last Monday here, rode around the Black Hills on my 'new' Interceptor 650 for the first time this season.

Gnometowner

Tele-Meister
Wow , lovely photos of that landscape - I can imagine the fun you had riding to that places !!! And your bike is very beautiful ! I like classic looking bikes , old or new, and Enfields are absolute one of my favorites.Wanted to have a Bullet for a long time.I also had my first 2022 motorbike-ride last week on my old Yamaha SR500, another old-school bike.Everytime I ride that bike its like "going back" with a time-machine ... and I love that smell of leather,oil,the fresh cool air, the forests,the fields ....
View attachment 967854
SR 500 is really a cool bike, I know a guy who flat tracks one

HaWE

Tele-Meister
And a very very simple machine...here in Germany we have many guys modding the SR to Choppers....you can convert it to many styles - just google for pictures, its very interesting how that thing can be modded :)
Also check out XT500, same motor but an enduro ....

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
1651252933103.png

If I was young again, I would be lusting after this.

Mekhem

Tele-Holic
As I have aged I have moved from rip snorting sportbikes that turn and stop on a dime to sport touring rigs to go across country to... a 2012 Triumph Scrambler. I miss the acceleration that is better that a supercar and the corner carving down a river road and the fairings of a sport tourer on a high way slog.....

But the scrambler with 60-ish hp, terrible brakes, moderate front geometry... is just fun and relaxing to ride. 70 year old suspension design over "off road" length forks does a great job in town. Parallel twin uber flat torque curve, a nice burble, easy on the wrists, easy to take a passenger without scaring the crap out of them....

SuprHtr

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The obligatory Mt. Rushmore shot...
View attachment 967784

A little stopover at Sturgis Indian, mostly just to add a bit more class to the joint, and to remind them that I was riding a REAL Indian motorcycle...made by REAL Indians. They put up with me though, after all, I've spent buttloads of money there while buying two new Indian Chief bikes, as well as Trixie's used Harley Softail Deluxe.
View attachment 967786
Sheridan Lake...
View attachment 967785

A photo-op with the BIG S&W at Sturgis. Royal Enfield's traditional catch phrase going back to their beginnings in 1901 was 'Made Like a Gun', so there it is!
View attachment 967790

Parked at the retro (non-functional, unfortunately) gas station in Deadwood...a fitting scene for this bike...
View attachment 967798

I have been meaning to stop and get a bike photo on this small bridge over the stream by Nemo Road for several years, so I finally did....
View attachment 967802

What's a ride through Deadwood without a coffee and muffin stop at the Pump House Cafe/Deli?
View attachment 967805

View attachment 967806

I've always thought that it would be more truthful for the signs you see when entering Deadwood to read 'Where Western Legends Died', especially where Hickock was concerned.
View attachment 967807

Break-in is now officially completed, parked the 650 in the garage at the end of the day with exactly 1000 miles on the odometer. I am now able to unleash the Enfield's entire '47 ponies' with reckless abandon, should the need arise.
View attachment 967801
Ride it like you stole it!

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Love the bike. Always wondered what brand / model the Invisible Man drove.