1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

It is here . . . perfect . . . and gone

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by DerekMcTele, May 20, 2014.

1. DerekMcTele

DerekMcTele Tele-Meister

Well my CS Esquire arrived today and I love it. It looks great, feels great and sounds great. I have just played it my entire lunch break.

Unfortunately, since I ordered it last week, we have had a couple of major financial hits that are requiring major spending changes. I am therefore unloading everything except one guitar and that is going to be my Tele.

But since it has arrived, I did take the time to take some pics for your enjoyment before it hits ebay. Sometimes reality stinks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Oh well, easy come, easy go...
    or if you prefer, " 'tis better to have CS'ed and lost, than never to have CS'ed at all..."

3. DerekMcTele

DerekMcTele Tele-Meister

This made me smile but not really feel any better, if that makes sense. :rolleyes:

4. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

yeah. sorry.

5. H. Mac

H. Mac Friend of Leo's

Sorry to hear, Derek. Sometimes when a guitar deal doesn't work out, an even better deal will come along, so I hope it works out for you in the long run.

6. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

That is not good news! How about a few pics of the one you are going to keep?

7. snake_charmer

snake_charmer TDPRI Member

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Maybe there will be a turn in events that will allow you to keep it. Just seems a shame to be forced to get rid of a guitar the same day you receive it :-/ I just picked up my CS from FedEx, letting the case acclimate for a little bit before opening. Hopefully, it's not a sweetwater curse that's going on.

8. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Ouch. :(

9. Kyluckyman

Kyluckyman Tele-Holic

I feel so bad for you DerekMcTele! I had sold all my guitars in 2006 to buy my tele on RBay. I bought it on a Friday and on Monday the HR people called me to the office and laid me off after working there for 21 years! When the guitar came I was pretty upset and thought about selling so I have some empathy for you. I hope you have a windfall and are able to hold on to both guitars.

10. gnuyork

gnuyork TDPRI Member

Gosh that stinks...hopefully everything will work out in the end, even if it means getting rid of the esquire. There's always another one waiting...

11. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Ouch. I feel bad for you.

But seriously, that's a beautiful axe. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication! I've always wanted an Esquire and if I had the money available, I'd consider making you an offer you couldn't refuse.

12. Woollymonster

Woollymonster Tele-Meister

Sent you a PM my brother.

Woolly

13. akukulich

akukulich Tele-Meister

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. That's a tough guitar to let go.

14. DerekMcTele

DerekMcTele Tele-Meister

Yeah, I'm not real happy about it right now but I have an offer from a fellow TDPRI'er so at least it will be kept "in the family" if the deal goes through.

15. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

So sorry to hear about this - but I hope everything works out for you!

16. texasdw

texasdw TDPRI Member

Wow. It sounds like guitars are probably the least of your worries at the moment. Good luck. Sincerely.

17. euro

euro Tele-Holic

My sincere condolances on having financial problems forcing you to liquidate that much gear.

I was in the exact same situation on two previous occasions and had to do the same thing both times. My real job, however is playing in a band. My 40 hr per wk job is there only to pay the bills.

I kept only one guitar, one amp and my effects. I promised my self on both occasions to replace at least part of my liquidated gear. The last time this happened to me was 4 years ago. While I will never even want all the gear I had to sell, I still have gotten back to the immediate guitars I desired and love playing, several amps and the effects.

If I had to liquidate now, I would have to keep three of the guitars, two of the amps, as I would definitely need a backup, and at least my p-board, but I dread even thinking about it.

Keep your thoughts focused on getting through the hard times and then make up your mind to replace what you want. It can and does happen, and with continued resolve, it can happen faster then you might think.

One good point that happened as a result of this for me was to re-evaluate the guitars and amps I was using. I wound up doing some hard reseaarch and found different guitar and amp companies to deal with that made me happy that I went through the financial downfall.

18. DerekMcTele

DerekMcTele Tele-Meister

On its way to Texas to a fellow TDPRI'er.:cool:

19. twangplank

twangplank Tele-Afflicted

When one door closes a better door opens. Sorry you've gotta sell it but who knows, a real vintage esquire may turn up someday and you'll be able to get that. Doing the right thing is always the right thing to do and I think people are rewarded for doing the right thing. Good things will come your way

20. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

I hate it when that happens, as it just happened to me recently as well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.