1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

It followed me home....really!

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by RollingBender, Jul 19, 2020.

1. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Afflicted Vendor Member

The solid state relays completely eliminated the switching noise!!!!

One little glitch remains. When I was wiring up the SS relays on the bench, they were closed. A bit of research revealed that they need a resistance load before they will open. I hooked up the motors and everything worked. The issue seems to be that the low motor, when it gets up to full speed drops resistance below the relay threshold and it cuts out and stops spinning. I will experiment with adding a resistor in parallel with the low motor to see if that will keep it spinning.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    awasson likes this.
  2. RollingBender

On its way to her debut performance as a rock organ!!!
    1D36C8B5-A5B6-4C87-BFE8-03F36C822B4A.jpeg

awasson, tubegeek and D'tar like this.
  3. RollingBender

Our finale song was The Who’s “ Won’t Get Fooled Again”. The line out of the organ is running through a few guitar pedals and for that song there is a tremolo pedal set to “chop” at the rate of the song and a phaser set very slow and severe for the other part of the effect. It’s a bit tricky to play the song because the organ sets the tempo and it is bad if you get out of sync with the tremolo. Towards the end of the song there is a 1 minute part with just the organ chopping away. While our keyboard player was wailing away on the solo (it’s really just comping chords and the trem does all the work) a guy came up to me and asked, “Is she really playing that?”
    I even got to play it on a song!!
    015D648C-5CB9-4A5C-BFE9-A82240BCE67B.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.