It ain’t the years, it’s the miles.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Nov 17, 2019.

1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I dont think its the miles , it has to be the trips around the sun, it does something to you !
    Enjoy your day and put your feet up , relax and remember you get all the corner pieces of your Birthday cake !

HB TGT !

and as for the pain nothing a couple of advil cant cure!

TheGoodTexan and LocoTex like this.
  2. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

My secret to gettin' this old and still being able to enjoy life is pretty easy....

1, No cheep Scotch...
    2, No cheep Cigars,
    3, a good radar detector for your "Vette" ( or equivalent )
    4 No crazy wemin... really, NO CRAZY Women!..
    5, A good amp...

Ron, Live long and Prosper..;)

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

You need an attitude change, because you are really gonna learn what pain everywhere feels like around 60.

4. darkwaters

darkwaters Tele-Afflicted

Yoga. It might not help you live longer, but everything will work a bit better.

24 track, TheGoodTexan, Viejo and 2 others like this.
  5. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

"Make a friend with pain and you'll never be alone"...I don't know who said it, but I've believed it for a long, long time...ha ha. At 63, I hurt Friday evening because of all the gym and yard work during the week...but by Monday AM (I don't go to the gym on weekends) I hurt because I need to get to the gym---circle of life. LOL. I thank God in the AM, when I wake up and again when I get proof of life in the mirror. Miles...sure, and glad for them. Excellent wife, excellent career, excellent kids, excellent grandkids, excellent house, excellent retirement...all adds up to an outstanding and thankful life. ((Drops the mike.))

TheGoodTexan and LocoTex like this.
  6. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I felt 47 today. I felt better at 35 than I did at 18. But all the hard living has finally caught up with me. My everything hurts. I’m usually just happy to get everything going in the same direction.[/QUOTE]
    Talk to me in 20 years, if I'm still around. What you're noticing are the effects of chronic degenerative diseases of ageing. There's no avoiding them. But that's the downside. For myself, I know a lot more than I did when I was 25, 45, 55, or even last year. I'm playing better than I ever did. I'm still working. I'm not just learning music theory, I'm learning to apply it. I still hurt and I hurt worse some days than others but I've found that the old adage, "Life is what you make it" applies. I'm not dead yet. I'm not ready to give up. I'm not ready to sit around with the other geezers and compare ailments. It's time to get off the forum for now and go downstairs and practice a song I was playing better yesterday than the day before. Maybe I'll be satisfied today and move on to the next one. Maybe I'll be stuck in 2005 with Brooks and Dunn forever, but I won't be complaining.

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  7. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

There's gotta be something to this. I would have made fun of people doing yoga even 5 years ago, but now I realize that it's hard. I should be able to put my pants on one leg at a time without falling over, but I can't.

TheGoodTexan and darkwaters like this.
  8. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Congrats on another birthday. As you look around, I'm sure you've realized that pain may be a relative measure; I'm sure there are many people and animals grateful for your care. Probably makes whatever pain is there worth it. You've got a ways to go, though, youngster...keep up the good work.

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  9. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Happy Birthday - things get really bad at about 65. ;)

10. darkwaters

darkwaters Tele-Afflicted

I've been practicing yoga for about 20 years now. In my opinion, it fights a lot of the things that slip away with age: flexibility, balance and strength. It also fights anxiety, which, oddly enough, seems to sometimes increase with age. My best advice would be to find a good yoga teacher. I was lucky to find one who also became a dear personal friend.

TheGoodTexan and Fenderslinger like this.
  11. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Congrats!

I’m 58 and my heart and mind think I’m 21.

My body thinks I’m 64 but that’s down 10-years as I’ve started to worry about longevity and fitness this year and lost weight and visit the gym 3 - 4 times a week.

The only issue I have is when I look in the mirror every morning and think ‘Jeez, who is the old guy’.

I then realise it’s me and get on with the rest of my day!

If I die in the night, don’t mourn me as I’ve had a fantastic life - so far!

@TheGoodTexan Have a great day and take @Ronkirn advice and don’t drink cheap whiskey!

:) Peter

Toto'sDad, TheGoodTexan and LocoTex like this.
  12. LocoTex

LocoTex Tele-Afflicted

I can only say I feel my age physically sometimes at 64, but mentally I feel better than ever. There's a lot to be said for a second childhood. It's all good!

13. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

Happy Birthday, GT. I’ve got a couple years on you, and some days/weeks are better than others. Keep taking care of yourself, or everything will get worse.

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  14. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Happy Birthday, my dude. Enjoy it.

And wait until you get to experience the pure joy of being 66. I got no problem sitting down, but getting back up ain't always as easy. :p

stratoman1 and TheGoodTexan like this.
  15. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have some bad news, it aint gonna' get any better it's gonna' get worse.

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  16. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Will be 55 in December. Still working my ass off. Looking forward to a break sometime... when??

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  17. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Happy Birthday!

At 47, I felt like 20 million dollars, and thought I might live 47 more! Now- no so much. ;)

Toto'sDad and TheGoodTexan like this.
  18. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Two words: assistive technology. Two more words: Happy Birthday!

JL_LI, TheGoodTexan and darkwaters like this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I think Tom Brady is in
    Of all these pearls of wisdom, the one to be most heeded is: NO CRAZY WOMEN... REALLY, NO CRAZY WOMEN! NONE, NONE AT ALL EVER, NOT EVEN ONE, EVEN THOUGH SHE MIGHT...

20. harlycarly

harlycarly Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I also have over 21 years on you. Just spent 6 days in the hospital for a heart attack that apparently didn't happen. I have 2 Replaced knees and too many aches and pains to count. Things are about to really change for you so try to get your attitude ready for it. Sometimes getting old sux, but is usually way better than the alternative.

TheGoodTexan, Toto'sDad and puddin like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.