It’s been ten years.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
Bought my first tele, brand new, imported from Dietze Music Oklahoma (or Nebraska) in 2012.

I kind of wimped out and got the Nashville for the strat option. Rewired. New bridge and 10 years later still no 1.

It felt right straight out of the box.

My playing improved. It’s as if I’d always needed to have a tele.

I’ve bought another tele since and a gretsch. But this is still no.1.

A little grime on the fingerboard. 2 or 3 tiny nicks. Otherwise perfect still

There I am playing her.
6054DC83-63A2-4FBF-B32B-7784A857207F.jpeg

And I love the middle pickup.

Last edited:

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
2012 was a great year I think. I put the brass saddles on. And wanted that tele bridge neck combo. But pickups stay the same. Tuners the same. Pick guard the same. It might have a new jack.

You’re absolutely right. Sometimes they just land right.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I always think about buying a Nashville and then talk myself out of it. Ultimately, I don't need that middle PU or the quack positions.

That said, I got my first Tele a little over ten years ago. My first Tele is even further out than your Nashville - it's a 12/6 double neck. I bought it for studio only use, and it rapidly became the main guitar I reached for when recording. That middle position is so sweet for rhythm parts that just sit perfectly in the mix.

Eventually, I bought another Tele and put the enormously heavy double neck in the closet. Then I bought another Tele... and finally one more. I Esquired the first one and the other two have totally different PUs, necks, and overall vibes. I think I'm done buying Teles. For now.

But I do still kind of want a Nashville... I'm actually in the process of turning my Jeff Beck strat into the ultimate Tele/Strat hybrid which I think will scratch that itch. I rewired it to get the bridge/neck position sound that I love, I added the Clapton wiring, and I just bought a SD Twang Banger which is supposed to replicate the Tele bridge PU in a strat format.

TeleBackelaer

TDPRI Member
Bought my first tele, brand new, imported from Dietze Music Oklahoma (or Nebraska) in 2012.

I kind of wimped out and got the Nashville for the strat option. Rewired. New bridge and 10 years later still no 1.

It felt right straight out of the box.

My playing improved. It’s as if I’d always needed to have a tele.

I’ve bought another tele since and a gretsch. But this is still no.1.

A little grime on the fingerboard. 2 or 3 tiny nicks. Otherwise perfect still

There I am playing her.
View attachment 984833

And I love the middle pickup.
Paisley shirt and bsb Tele 👍🏻. Whatever you do, don't change those two around! 😉